[spell request] arcane rush

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Hi I need another spell again :p

Arcane rush

the hero holds in her energy, releasing it in a powerful rush after a certain amount of attacks. The rush knocks the enemy unit back and stuns it.

Level 1) activates after 50 attacks, does 5% damage of all attacks combined in damage, knocksback 100 with a 2 second stun

Level 2) activates after 40 attacks, does 25% damage of all attacks combined in damage, knocksback 150 with a 3 second stun

Level 3) activates after 30 attacks, does 45% damage of all attacks combined in damage, knocksback 200 with a 4 second stun

Level 4) activates after 20 attacks, does 65% damage of all attacks combined in damage, knocksback 250 with a 5 second stun

So basically this is a passive spell that activates after the X amount of attacks. For example, at level 4 it will activate on the 21st attack.

This hero is fire/arcane based so using one of the 2 would be great.

A few requests:
GUI
Does not have to be MUI
demo map

Please ask if you are unsure of somethin.

Rep and credits will be given :D!

Thanks
Ava

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
Okay, I might be able to do this for you.
GUI is awesome, because that's all I know.
If you really want, I can make it MUI for you. Eh, I'll do it anyway.

Also, I have a few questions.

Question 1:
When do you need this to be done by?
Because, at the end of this week, I'm going to have one week off from school, and then two weeks of my end-of-year exams. I may be able to finish it tonight, but I doubt that it will happen (since I should be studying o_0 ).
However, someone else might do it before then, so yeah...

Question 2:
What do you mean by rush?
-The Hero charges towards the enemy?
-Some type of blast hits the enemy?

Question 3:
Does it store damage from spells as well? Or only from normal attacks?

Question 4:
a)
Lets say the Hero deals 50 damage per normal attack, and has level 4 Arcane Rush.
After 20 attacks, the Hero has stored 1000 damage, which means the spell will do 650 damage.
On the next attack, will the Hero deal 650 damage from the spell PLUS the 50 damage from their normal attack? Or, will the Hero only deal the 650 damage from the spell?

b)
What type of damage does Arcane Rush deal? (e.g. spell, normal, chaos, etc)

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Question 1: You can take your time, but do you mind telling me if it gets postponed?
Question 2: A blast, sorry I couldn't come up with a better name. It activates on an attack.
Question 3: a) 650 + 50

b) Pure damage

Thanks!
Ava

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
Avaleirra said:
Question 1: You can take your time, but do you mind telling me if it gets postponed?
I'm going to start it off now, but I won't get it done tonight. However, I've got the day off tomorrow, so I'll try to finish it off then.

Avaleirra said:
Question 2: A blast...
Phew.. that's good.
The charge would have been too much work for me.

Happy

Reaction score
Avaleirra ive got a question....i dont want to make the spell but theres something thats confusing me....

if the hero will deal 650dmg because of this spell after the 21st attack then its overpowered or not?? because the 41st attack it will deal (20x650dmgx65/100=)9100dmg and the attacks after this 9100+50 dmg....on the 61st it will deal (183000x65/100=)118950dmg and after it 119000dmg PER HIT...that extremely overpowered or not?

greetz happy

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
if the hero will deal 650dmg because of this spell after the 21st attack then its overpowered or not?? because the 41st attack it will deal (20x650dmgx65/100=)9100dmg and the attacks after this 9100+50 dmg....on the 61st it will deal (183000x65/100=)118950dmg and after it 119000dmg PER HIT...that extremely overpowered or not?
I assume it would reset the damage total to 0 after it procs once... :nuts:

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
Whoa! I'm almost done! And it's MUI without leaks! (Well, as far as I know)

I just have to add in a nice special effect now.
I'm thinking about putting some type of effect on the Hero on the last attack.
So, you attack 20 times and get the special effect. You attack 1 more times (21 total), deal the damage from Arcane Rush, and lose the effect.

Oh, and it stores all damage, even from spell. So, I don't know if that'll be an issue or not. If you want it to store damage only from normal attacks, I'll have to find out how to detect what type of damage is being dealt.

EDIT: Ooo, wait! I forgot the Stun and the Knockback! Oh, and there is no way to detect what type of damage is being dealt, so it will store spell damage, too.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Well, I've made a demo map myself. Have all the effects and everything. Hope this helps.

Glenphir

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
EDIT: Ooo, wait! I forgot the Stun and the Knockback! Oh, and there is no way to detect what type of damage is being dealt, so it will store spell damage, too.

The damage type can be detected. Simply use a non-orb effect buff placer to ensure it's a normal attack.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
I'm guessing Envenomed Spears is. It does stack with lifesteal as far as I know. Well, in DoTA, Venomancer has a passive poison spell that is based on Envenomed Spears (I think). Orb effects work fine for Venomancer with that passive poison spell.

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
Well, I've finished mine as well. I may as well post it here anyway.

I used Glenphir's advice on how to detect normal attacks, and I've implemented that into the spell.

I've also made a trigger where you can set what effects you want, and all the information for the spell to make it easier for you to reconfigure it if you want to. It is the Arcane Rush init setup trigger.

Also, I made mine MUI (well, at least I think I have).

UPDATE: Fixed an issue, and added floating text to show how much extra damage is dealt.

Attachments

• Arcane Rush - by Zurtrogx.w3x
    53.1 KB · Views: 173

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
@Glenphir
Great spell! Thanks its perfect. But I can't rep you right now cuz I neeed to spread.

@Zurtrogx
Sorry man, I liked Glenphirs spell better :( but I'm still gonna rep you for your hard work :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.