Spellbook vs Orb Effect

Baltazhar

Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm in quite a pickle here, and could use a pointer as where to I've gone wrong.
Currently my map contains loads of spellbook abilities, so I'm familiar with the concept and all that.
However, this one spellbook just doesn't want to work so hopefully you guys can spot what I can't:

Screenshots of (in that order) The spellbook, the ability and the orb effect.
The Spellbook item ability
The ability inside the spellbook
The orbeffect

To quickly run through the basics I have a trigger that adds the spellbook, and disables the spellbook for the player.
What happens is the hero gets the spellbook, the missile on his ranged attack changes appearance, but it never applies the buff. The buff is the key here, as it's needed to carry on with other trigger work.
Unlike other spellbooks, when he gets the it, and it's disabled, a greyed out slow icon appears, and randomly generates an extended tooltip with some gibberish code. I'm suspecting this to be the orb effect, but I don't get why it's showing?
Eventhough I set, just for testing ofcourse, the chance of the orb effect applying to 100.00, it never applies itself to the attacked unit.

The ability in the spellbook is based off Orb of Slow, and I've tried other allowed targets to see if it had a problem with the current, but it doesn't seem to work.

I have searched the forums, but haven't come up with anything but regular spellbook issues, none involving orb effects.
Can anyone come with some input ideas please? I've hit a brickwall :banghead:

Thanks in advance, +rep, a golden castle and the princess to any helpers :)

Baltazhar

mordocai

Reaction score
give the spellbook the buff maybe? and if you put the chance to 100 it means there is a 10000%chance of it occuring. Just put it as 1(100%) because WC3 goes by decimal points. EX: .01=1% .1=10% 1=100%etc

Baltazhar

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for coming with suggestions mate.

The default values are 5, 30 and 10 I believe, so Blizzard randomly swaps with using decimals and full numbers I think.
If I add the buff to the spellbook straight away, it automatically has a 100% chance of applying. The 100% I've currently got was just to test if it applied at all, and I'll reduce it to 7% later, so I can't really add the buff directly into the spellbook.

I will try setting the chance to 1.00, in hope that this really means 100%.

Any more suggestions are more than welcome.

EDIT:
Just tried with 1.00, and it didn't work unfortunately :(

Baltazhar

Reaction score
Okay, I figured out some generel rules that apparently apply to the situation.

When an orb effect is added to a spellbook, the orb effect ability will display strangely on the hero. Disabling that ability with a trigger will cause the orb effect not to work. Furthermore having several abilities based of the same orb ability somehow disrupts the functionality as well.

Ended up using bash in the spellbook to apply the buff, and I corrected the Hero ability tooltip to say the target get's "paralysed" :)

Awarded you +rep mord, thanks a bunch :)

- Baltazhar

mordocai

Reaction score
np, and i found out something new too then. buffs dont apply when you disable spellbook apparantly

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.