Spells only using CS

Anti-krazy

Reaction score
Hi i was wondering if someone could give me an example of a complete spell made with CS (Custom Scripts). And im not using JASS.

dannyboydude

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
can i ask why are u asking for a spell ?

and to be made in custom script?

why ?why ?why ?why ?why ?

lol

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Code:
Untitled Trigger 004 Copy
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Shadow Strike
    Actions
        Custom script:   set udg_p = GetUnitLoc(GetTriggerUnit())
        Custom script:   call CreateNUnitsAtLoc( 1, 'hfoo', GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()), udg_p, 0)
        Custom script:   call UnitApplyTimedLifeBJ( 2.00, 'BTLF', GetLastCreatedUnit() )
        Custom script:   call IssueTargetOrder( GetLastCreatedUnit(), "shadowstrike", GetSpellTargetUnit() )
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_p)
the "udg_p" is a GUI variable, named p of type "point". Honestly doubt you will find anyone who bothers to do anything more advanced than this, with custom the script line.

Anti-krazy

Reaction score
can i ask why are u asking for a spell ?

and to be made in custom script?

why ?why ?why ?why ?why ?

lol

Well for 1 reason i am trying to learn JASS and i heard that custom scripts are part of the JASS family lol

Code:
Untitled Trigger 004 Copy
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Shadow Strike
    Actions
        Custom script:   set udg_p = GetUnitLoc(GetTriggerUnit())
        Custom script:   call CreateNUnitsAtLoc( 1, 'hfoo', GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()), udg_p, 0)
        Custom script:   call UnitApplyTimedLifeBJ( 2.00, 'BTLF', GetLastCreatedUnit() )
        Custom script:   call IssueTargetOrder( GetLastCreatedUnit(), "shadowstrike", GetSpellTargetUnit() )
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_p)
the "udg_p" is a GUI variable, named p of type "point". Honestly doubt you will find anyone who bothers to do anything more advanced than this, with custom the script line.

What does this exactly do?

does it do the same effect as shadow strike?

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
All a custom script line does is insert that line into the JASS script that is generated when the map is saved / played. If you are going to use custom scripts in this way you effectively know jass, so it's much easier to convert it to custom text.

And yes, that script creates a dummy unit, sets an expiration timer and orders it to cast shadowstrike.

Anti-krazy

Reaction score
Well is there a tutorial for JASS id prefer if it was kinda like a book name called
"JASS for Dimwits"

lol but is there an easy Jass tutorial around here everything i see is kinda advanced

Anti-krazy

Reaction score
Err theres tutorials are Hardcore lol the only thing i understood is you can turn GUI with the custom text thingy

saw792

Reaction score
Hmm well then it's going to be difficult... try reading through the tutorials a few times, slowly and carefully then come back here with some things you don't understand.

Anti-krazy

Reaction score
Yes i read through emiljr's tut and i taught special effect and unit thingy. The only question is his using JASS craft and some of the tutorial ive read are using JASS Newgen can anyone explain whats difference?

saw792

Reaction score
Jass craft: a STANDALONE program that functions as a text editor with JASS syntax highlighting and a function list available.

Jass Newgen Pack (or rather, Jasshelper inside Newgen Pack): a world editor hack that allows the use of vJASS syntax (an expanded and improved form of JASS) and also has syntax highlighting and a function list.

vJASS tutorials use Newgen, regular JASS tutorials only require World Editor (Jass craft may be helpful though, since you will need to look up function names when you are writing code).

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
As far as I know, JASScraft doesn't support vJASS syntax (i.e. doesn't highlight it, doesn't recognise it as legitimate syntax and gives errors if it's used) whereas NewGen does - you're probably better off with NewGen (even though you'll have to downgrade your WE to v1.21b), only need I've ever had for JASScraft was for looking up single functions/writing out small code snippets since it's much faster to load than WE

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
Well is there a tutorial for JASS id prefer if it was kinda like a book name called
"JASS for Dimwits"

lol but is there an easy Jass tutorial around here everything i see is kinda advanced
Nah, they should have:
"Jass for Dummies"

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
So your saying Newgen is better than JASScraft but you have to downgrade WE?

The downgrading isn't any difference at all in the World editor, but you do have to use a previous version (patch 1.21b instead of patch 1.22a). The only differences in the patch are actually in the game, from what Blizzard has announced as changes in the patch.

I say that everything in Newgen is better, except for the function Lookup. I prefer being able to see the original function, so I can see if it has BJ's. It's also more convenient for me to simply have JASSCraft open on the other screen, rather than have to push a button to popup the window (I use dual screens, which is probably the only reason I would use JASSCraft).

My advice? Get Newgen.

Anti-krazy

Reaction score
>> My advice? Get Newgen

Well i dont know i got JASSCraft but i didnt know how to use. i see something at the side. and when u press something from the side a sentence or jass script comes at the bottom

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.