Spider Mines (bug no damage)

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Hello,

I created a map where are several spider mines placed
Now if you come to close with your unit (s), they will explode
The spider mines are not acting like they normally do by coming out the ground and run to you
They are just are above the ground where you can see them, the only thing is you may not come to close

So what I did:

- I made a (circle) region arround every spider mine
- a trigger that tells to kill the spider mine AND the triggering unit which enters the region
- I gave the spider mine the 'viking_death' animation

Question:

- Why does the spider mines no damage when they explode?
- How can I program this?

MissKerrigan

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
it may be the death animation, the damage may be linked to the normal death animation or something because if i am correct they explode when they die no matter what, so that could be it >.>

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Spider mines can be killed without exploding. When a spider mine uses it weapon, it explodes and cause damage to itself which results in the unit being killed.

The best of way of doing this is completely via the data editor and not by triggers. You need to create a new effect of the type Search Area. Edit the Search: Areas + property and and add a new search area. Set the Arc to 360, Radius to the radius of the regions you have placed around your spider mines, and Effect to Vulture - Spider Mines (Set). Now edit the Search: Exclude+ property and add Source. You may also want to edit the Search: Search Filters property to change which units the spider mine will blow up for when they come within range.

Now create a new behaviour of the type Buff and set the Effect: Effect - Periodic property to the Search Area effect you just created. Edit the Stats: Period property and set it to 0.2. Now all you need to do is give your spider mines this new behaviour and they will blow up automatically (and deal damage) when a unit which matches the Target Filters on the Search Area effect comes within range.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
wow, a whole story for such a small thing?

I see your explanation I must make 2 search effects am I right?

Dave312

Reaction score
You need to create 1 search effect, and 1 buff (behaviour).

If you're after a simpler explanation, you need to attach a buff to your spider mines which periodically searches for nearby targets and use the damage effect of their weapon if a target is found.

Dave312

Reaction score
It will. The behaviour just keeps searching to determine when a unit comes in range. When that happens, the spider mine will explode.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.