Spirit Ultimate Ability Ideas

Carl-Fredrik

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm working on a hero called "Spirit" in my AoS, and I'm not sure what ultimate ability I should give it :/ I suddenly ran out of ideas you see :p

So here's some information:

Attack Type: Magic, Ranged
Armor Type: Hero
Model: Wisp
Name: Spirit
Proper Name: (None so far)
Starting Int: 27
Starting Str: 16
Starting Agi: 17

Abilities:

Etheriality

This spell can work in two ways depending on who it targets; as a curse or a blessing of nature. In both cases, the target will become ethereal for a period of time. If the target is hostile, it will receive damage, but if it's friendly it will be healed.

Level 1 - Etheriality for 8 seconds, 100 healed/damaged.
Level 2 - Etheriality for 10 seconds, 150 healed/damaged.
Level 3 - Etheriality for 12 seconds, 200 healed/damaged.
Level 4 - Etheriality for 14 seconds, 250 healed/damaged.

Nature's Blessing
Blesses a friendly unit with the power of nature, increasing its armor and damage temporarily.

Level 1 - Increases damage by 10% and armor by 3.
Level 2 - Increases damage by 20% and armor by 4.
Level 3 - Increases damage by 30% and armor by 5.
Level 4 - Increases damage by 40% and armor by 6.

Entangling Roots
Causes roots to burst from the ground the roots will trap units in an area for a period of time and deal damage to them.

Level 1 - Tiny area, 10 dmg / sec, 4 seconds.
Level 2 - Small area, 15 dmg / sec, 5 seconds.
Level 3 - Medium area, 20 damage / sec, 6 seconds.
Level 4 - Large area, 25 damage / sec, 7 seconds.

So, any ideas for an ultimate ability for this hero? :)

Thanks in advance! ;)

perkeyone

something clever
Reaction score
maybe a transform spell into a uprooted ancient of war?
you could make the transformation give bonus damage and extra hp and regeneration.

maybe summon a strong plant type unit

maybe a spell that targets a unit and plants a seed inside them
giving them a debuff that gradually slows them down until they come to a complete stop and die as the plant blooms inside them

Carl-Fredrik

Reaction score
first thing that comes to mind
Beefed up detonate?
Becomes a Tree of life with a robogoblin type skill?

Hmm... interesting ideas both of them I must say :) I might use them ;) +Rep

maybe a transform spell into a uprooted ancient of war?
you could make the transformation give bonus damage and extra hp and regeneration.

maybe summon a strong plant type unit

maybe a spell that targets a unit and plants a seed inside them
giving them a debuff that gradually slows them down until they come to a complete stop and die as the plant blooms inside them

The first spell is already suggested with another model... and I don't really like the other ones, sorry, I don't like using summons for ultimate abilities and the last one seems too weak since it can't be used on heroes because it simply kills them when it explode and it's too strong... (If I understood right?)

Thanks anyway :)

Keep the ideas comin' people!

Vylatin

Reaction score
Blood Root

Causes a target to loose hit points per second. Lost hit points will be given to Spirit. Lasts 10 seconds. (Channel - no. Buff - yes)

Lvl 1 - 25 hit points per second.

Lvl 2 - 50 hit points per second.

Lvl 3 - 75 hit points per second.

Dirac

Reaction score
Living Spirit:
Creates a spirit of your true form (ancient protector with 50% transparency), this spirit cant be controlled, but follows you everywhere, has melee range attack, and its invulnerable to all attacks. At level 1 it only attacks, 2 has knockback and 3 blinks to target enemies

Carl-Fredrik

Reaction score
Blood Root

Causes a target to loose hit points per second. Lost hit points will be given to Spirit. Lasts 10 seconds. (Channel - no. Buff - yes)

Lvl 1 - 25 hit points per second.

Lvl 2 - 50 hit points per second.

Lvl 3 - 75 hit points per second.

Nice DPS skill... I'll think about it :)

Living Spirit:
Creates a spirit of your true form (ancient protector with 50% transparency), this spirit cant be controlled, but follows you everywhere, has melee range attack, and its invulnerable to all attacks. At level 1 it only attacks, 2 has knockback and 3 blinks to target enemies

Sounds cool!

perkeyone

something clever
Reaction score
sorry i didnt read that it was an aos
how many levels for your ultimate anyways?
3 i guess from what others are suggesting

how about some kind of nature's fury type spell
maybe based off of cluster rockets
but nature themed
shooting something leafy and green
instead of rockets.

Carl-Fredrik

Reaction score
sorry i didnt read that it was an aos
how many levels for your ultimate anyways?
3 i guess from what others are suggesting

how about some kind of nature's fury type spell
maybe based off of cluster rockets
but nature themed
shooting something leafy and green
instead of rockets.

For the moment it's actually 1 but I'm planning on making it 2

And it's an interesting idea :)

CaptDeath

Reaction score
Code:
Wisps Rage
Des:Creates a large circle of trees then after 1 second the trees "die" and tree spirits(shockwaves) come out going
 toward the center(the hero wisp) killing(or dealing X damage) everything in there path(also the wisp) has a (excessive
 cool down time)(and will take all mana and must be at 100% to cast)
Level 1: Mana: will require for you to be at 100% mana and it will take all of your mana

Carl-Fredrik

Reaction score
Code:
Wisps Rage
Des:Creates a large circle of trees then after 1 second the trees "die" and tree spirits(shockwaves) come out going
 toward the center(the hero wisp) killing(or dealing X damage) everything in there path(also the wisp) has a (excessive
 cool down time)(and will take all mana and must be at 100% to cast)
Level 1: Mana: will require for you to be at 100% mana and it will take all of your mana

Oh, I obviously missed this post ;)

Anyway, I chose to use the detonate ability.. it fits very good with that model so :)

Thanks for the ideas everyone!

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Soul Grip
Icon:
BTNFaerieFireOn.gif

Auto-cast skill.
Evry now and again, the Spirit chooses a special target that will get decreased moovment speed, decreased armor and each time it casts a spell, 12% of it's max mana will be dealt into dmg on the suffering unit. Each time the spirit atacks a gripped unit, he will deal bonus dmg equal to 9% of his current mana to that unit.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
Spiritual attach
The spirit attaches to the target enemy hero permanently. During this, the hero has lowered armor and spirit's allies gain full vision of the unit. However, the spirit can still be attacked by another enemy units, but he will share the damage with the attached hero. The spirit can detonate at any time instantly killing himself and the target hero. If the target dies by another unit, the spirit will be unattached again.
Melee cast range

This reminds me on poor Archimonde who died by the nasty wisps that attached to him :p

DKigorDK

Reaction score
when you are talking about a spirit, you could do an abilitie, that havest soul pr attack and every 5 soul that is havest you will do a aoe damage thing. (on the last target you attacked)
and your ultimate could be a spirit of the last killed hero you have havest his soul from ;)

and ofc if you havent kill anybody, you will just summon an lost-soul. may do lower dps then the hero spirit ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.