Crime Spit Can Be A Deadly Weapon

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
No one likes to become recipient of a spit projectile. That is unless of course you are swapping it with your significant other. Sharing with your girlfriend or boyfriend certainly is not a crime either. Sharing it with that drunk girl or guy you met in a bar is not a crime. Two days later , not even remembering the encounter you get a call from the Health Department that a known HIV or TB(Tuberculosis) carrier was making his/her rounds through the Dallas Bars that night mugging down with every available mouth to be found. Damm! You thought you were special!

The two most logical questions are, first can you contract HIV or TB that way and is it a crime to spit on someone knowing you are a carrier?

At least as to the HIV issue, the a Dallas, Texas jury have said that spitting on someone knowing you are HIV positive is a crime.

Two weeks ago A homeless man who spit in the mouth and eye of a police officer and then taunted him, saying he was H.I.V. positive, was sentenced to 35 years in prison on Wednesday for harassing a public servant with a deadly weapon: his saliva. The key part of this ruling was the finding that the spit should be classified as a deadly weapon.

Read more about it here.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
i don't even know wheather to cower in fear or Laugh really hard....

Reaction score
laugh? really? How can you laugh to know that just someones spit that is HIV positive can get you, just like that?

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
I'll laugh when YOU get AIDS from the new deadly weapon and look back at the irony. ;)

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
Alright, let the guy laugh, I giggled, nothing wrong with seeing our corrupt government slowly get AIDS, just stay safe, protect yourself, and live happy, and don't walk near homeless people.

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Its good that the homeless guy got convicted. And his spit was like a weapon in this case. What a horrible homless guy! (Its also funny cause hes a homeless guy.)

H34DhUnT3r

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I won't say the homeless guy did something right.. on the contrary, but 35 years is a hell of a long time for spitting in someone face. Yes, even though he has HIV, cuz according to the full article: To this date there have been NO recorded cases of HIV transmission through saliva. So the "Assault with a deadly weapon"-charge is bullshit...

Texas :rolleyes:

Greetings,
H34DhUnT3r[NL]

swe_suffer

Reaction score
Check out this site at "you can not get HIV from". And thats true. HIV infecting from spit are just an urban myth.

As H34DhUnT3r said.

ScarletBlade

Reaction score
I lol'd, but I would of hated to be the police officer. He didn't get 35 years just for spitting on him and taunting him about HIV he had some other offenses as well.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
At least in jail he'll get shelter, food, a bed, and internet access. Sounds like an upgrade to me.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
^

He had been convicted of attacking other officers in in a similar manner as well as more than two dozen other offenses. This mandated a minimum of 25 years without regards to the HIV issue.

So it was more like ten years for the spit. Anyway, a police officer doesn't get payed to risk getting AIDS. Yes, we think that AIDS does not travel through spit. But have scientists been wrong before? Yes. I certainly wouldn't want to risk it..

H34DhUnT3r

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
^

So it was more like ten years for the spit. Anyway, a police officer doesn't get payed to risk getting AIDS. Yes, we think that AIDS does not travel through spit. But have scientists been wrong before? Yes. I certainly wouldn't want to risk it..

They have some good evidence that it's either not possible or highly improbable.

So, good luck with watching your back for sudden spit attacks..

If you gonna charge someone with assault with a deadly weapon for spitting, then you can also count throwing a shoe to someone, cuz maybe it will hit a fire extinguisher which will blast away towards the person and killing him instantly.. possible, but highly improbable.

Greetings,
H34DhUnT3r[NL]

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.