Spore Issues

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Problem Status: SOLVED

Ok, so I've been playing Spore non-stop since September 7th. (Amazing game.) So I try to play today but it kept giving me error reports on startup. So I go into the Spore folder and run the SporeApp file. It starts up normally but all colored textures are now black. -.-

So, I attempt to uninstall using add + remove programs, however when it finished, nothing changed. Folders and files were still there, it's still in the Add and Remove programs list so I'm stumped.

I deleted the spore folder and now when I try to run the game (Putting disk in drive or running the D drive manually.) nothing happens. So now I'm scanning my entire computer for anything related to Spore and deleting it.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what I should do?

[Del]EDIT: Sorry, posted in the wrong forum. Can a moderator move this to the Other-Games section?[/del] -Done

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Well I followed a couple of links on the page you gave me, and I manually uninstalled the game. Everything works fine now!

Turns out that the computer thought the game was still installed. However it was trying to run files that didn't exist anymore.

Thanks a lot, +Rep!

EDIT: I lied... I'm now getting the error reports on startup again. I tried ending most of my processes and I managed to get the game to start up one time but I'm still getting the graphical corruption... The link you provided didn't work either.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Well, most of the time when I start up the game, it goes to a black screen and gives me a Windows XP error report. I don't have access to the 10-page error code right now, but I'll post it later.

EDIT: My dad said he may be able to fix it this weekend by updating my graphics card drivers, I hope that fixes it.

Chao

Setting sail for fail in the sea of lame.
Reaction score
I completely forgot about Spore! omg! SO picking it up after work! :D
Just read the group review... no longer interested

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.