StarCraft 2 Editor - Wish List

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
I agree it should be some where between c++ and c#. any less would be no good.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Twas mentioned that you could do an explosion VIA triggers.

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
I wish it would have mostly all control over the game aspects. Able to change special effects as wanted ( shape, color etc ), adjusting unit's through triggers withuot limitations ( Armor, attack etc ). Thats pretty much the only thing's that i want.

Off-topic: I wish my pc will be able to run sc2 ^_^ Since i'm not getting a new one soon.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wish it would have mostly all control over the game aspects. Able to change special effects as wanted ( shape, color etc ), adjusting unit's through triggers withuot limitations ( Armor, attack etc ). Thats pretty much the only thing's that i want.

Off-topic: I wish my pc will be able to run sc2 ^_^ Since i'm not getting a new one soon.
Wouldn't it be a bummer if your computer couldn't run Sc2...

My computers about 6 years old. :(

Prometheus

Reaction score
My computer is a mix of mostly mid-08 parts and some 01 and 90s parts.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My computer is a mix of mostly mid-08 parts and some 01 and 90s parts.
I got my computer a new graphics card and more RAM about 2 years ago.

Still counts as ancient :)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
1 month = 1 computer year.
Yes, ancient. :D
Yeah :p

Just to start up some conversation:
What does everyone think about the Map Protection?

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Would be neat (assuming it was half-decent protection) - I wonder if they would add in some method of reversing the protection (so that the maker wouldn't be locked out completely if the forgot to make a backup), even though that'd just make deprotecting the map a bit easy :p

Also, would be cool if the new Bnet had an internal Map Database, so you could choose to upload a map to the server and then you could update that whenever you release a newer version (and make it so that only the original uploader is allowed to update, so people don't replace the original with some shit-ified version), and then you could just search through the database for the map rather than searching everywhere on the internet for it (assuming the host had a No Download policy :()

Prometheus

Reaction score
No, have all the maps uploaded.
Then when you DL, you DL off of host and server!

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Would be neat (assuming it was half-decent protection) - I wonder if they would add in some method of reversing the protection (so that the maker wouldn't be locked out completely if the forgot to make a backup), even though that'd just make deprotecting the map a bit easy :p

They will be password protected (Or so I heard)

I don't like the idea. At least with map corruption, even if the map was opened, it was near-impossible to change/edit/look through.

If someone found the password (Which, would probably be easy), they could edit the map in full. With original, nice GUI, separated triggers.

rover2341

Reaction score
They could always Set the password to one of there key chains.
Would that help reduce your chance of losing a map?

Prometheus

Reaction score
Make the map openable on only computers with a certain mac address?

rover2341

Reaction score
Why not, just force you to log on the internet to open your map. I know this sounds like it could be something alot wouldn't like, but in essence, you have to log on to Blizzards version of steam (that is coming) and then you can work on that map. So you cant lose your password, unless blizzard messes up some how.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why not, just force you to log on the internet to open your map. I know this sounds like it could be something alot wouldn't like, but in essence, you have to log on to Blizzards version of steam (that is coming) and then you can work on that map. So you cant lose your password, unless blizzard messes up some how.
I think that's a bad idea.

Virgin Media Internet tends to go down about once every 2 months, during the time it's down, I go on WE a lot :p.
If I needed the internet to map... :thdown:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.