StarCraft 2 Editor - Wish List

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I want Game Cache to work in multiplayer. :thup:

Black Hawk

Reaction score
An awesome import editor where you can see the effect of a skin on a model so you can preview it.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I'd like a simpler colorcode-system. :p
Where you can click on a button, choose a color and then the code for that color will write itself in -whatever you're doing- (the Trigger Editor, for example.)

For example when making abilities in the Object Editor.
Code:
|n|nDeals |c00FF000050|r/|c00FF000075|r/|c00FF0000100|r damage, with |c000080005|r/|c000080004|r/|c000080003|r seconds cooldown.

=

Code:
Deals [COLOR="Red"]50[/COLOR]/[COLOR="Red"]75[/COLOR]/[COLOR="Red"]100[/COLOR] damage, with [COLOR="SeaGreen"]5[/COLOR]/[COLOR="SeaGreen"]4[/COLOR]/[COLOR="SeaGreen"]3[/COLOR] seconds cooldown.

-That is just silly. :p

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That would save some time, instead of having to find each colour you want :)

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
Mouse Position Detector. Would then be able to create all sorts of crazy new gen maps, people havent evne been able to think about yet...

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mouse Position Detector. Would then be able to create all sorts of crazy new gen maps, people havent evne been able to think about yet...

That's the perfect idea! I want that now :eek:

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
But if you want to make a good map, you have to learn something. Often this "something" includes Jass.

Really, all GUI contributes is the spam equivalent of maps - every "OMFG LOAP MAK UR OWN GANG" and "ARE U RETARD LMFAO?!" you see on battle.net is there almost entirely because of the GUI.

Obviously you never played Melee. But there are plenty of maps made in GUI that are better than Jass coded maps. Has your "expertise" in Jass ever produced a half-decent map that people play? I think not. :)

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Uhm... did you just reply to try and have a go at TheDamien or...? The quoted post was fairly old...

Obviously you never played Melee
Melee doesn't really on triggering to make it good (it's 7 or 8 actions...), and you have to learn how to terrain to make a reasonable melee map

But there are plenty of maps made in GUI that are better than Jass coded maps.
Names? Anyway, that's opinion, so everyone else may not think the same way

Has your "expertise" in Jass ever produced a half-decent map that people play?
1) Are you trying to imply that he isn't experienced in JASS? I'd love to see you do better, would be a great way to pass the holidays
2) Have you made a half-decent map? I certainly haven't seen it (and I do look out for good maps on Bnet and a number of WC3 mapping sites)

Reaction score

Relevance of this, none?

But there are plenty of maps made in GUI that are better than Jass coded maps. Has your "expertise" in Jass ever produced a half-decent map that people play? I think not. :)

Did I ever say that Jass maps must necessarily be better than GUI maps? Did I ever claim to be an expert? Have I ever claimed to have released a "half-decent" map which people play?

To all 3 questions the answer is no, which leaves me wondering if you meant to reply to someone else and accidentally quoted my post instead.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
To Come with much more guide(s) then warcraft 3 one help page.

Ya i know others can make it after the game comes out. and you give us demo maps. and its not the hardest thing in the world.

But if there were 1-3 demo map guides to show us the ropes, that could have saved me alot of time with the world editor. Not to say i not still learning the basics.

Something that would show a custom upgrade, a custom unit (hp/mp/movespeed ect), importing a sound, a icon, a model, one simple custom spell, Either a garbage collector or basic explaining on how to deal with "leaks". a door switch , buying a custom item from a shop, a basic explaining on regions and uses. a custom mini screen and loading screen.

But show all those things over 3 basic demo maps with a tutorial how to make them step by step. that way i can follow the 3 tutorial maps and after feel like i have a idea where everything is.

something where it makes guys every sec or so going from a to b. and then having a basic counter at the top saying how many people passed you. using a mulitbored. And prehaps one showing everyones name and amout of kills in it.

Also a program attached to help with balancing, to compare units easily by saying well he atts that much faster so over 1 sec of time he does x dmg about and he does x dmg about.

I now know how to do these things but they sure took me forever to learn, partly because i never thought of the basic things that go into a map but this could help speed things along for starcraft 2 editor.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
keystroke detection
a more customizable command card (like say so you can remove patrol and hold position without removing attack and stop)
a way to customize the score screen after a game is done
a bigger map size limit (say like 10 mb)
a save feature that saves info in a file on your computer, as opposed to copying codes for maps like RPG's
editable cast instructions (like say.. ever notice that whenever a computer uses flamestrike, it ALWAYS targets 1 unit to be in the exact center of it? a way to change that)
a way to disable cheats in single player
a way to convert a single gui line into jass
a model-editing program build in to the world editor
allowing the use of variables in the object editor (say for the name of a unit without replacing the unit)
a way to queue orders in the world editor (what you do when u hold shift in a game of WC3)

Black Hawk

Reaction score
I know one, but its not for the editor. Something that shows the filesize of the map on battle net.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
@Black Hawk: Ye, that'd be sweet - it's a pain in the ass to join a game that takes way too long to DL, or one of those crappy 100kb map that you occasionally find :p

Perhaps some extra stuff regarding what's in the map (to allow more specific filtering in Custom Games list) like whether a map has imported content like sounds, models, textures or not (and, if possible, how much of each) - would be nice to see why the map is so damn big before you even join ^^

Black Hawk

Reaction score
Yeah, like, it could have little icons for each thing that appear or maybe something you can scroll over that makes this appear:

Code:
Map Imports
Models: 928.2KB
Skins: 3837.9KB
Sounds: 1287.4KB
Misc: 24.2KB

E

equal

A additional Vaule to the Account, let say for
RPGs or Dota , when u create a Account u choose what sort
u are : melee, rpg or dota. and gain a ranking in only this + other symbols ,
who knows.

Back to the editor;

-be able to chance models of units!
- Mouse detection
- ALL keys detection
- Be able to create additional Vaules (not only HP and MANA, mb a other vaule
that is always red and stay for codition of the unit etc., shown in the same form as HP and MANA)
-Add/Remove rows from the 4x3 icon holder
-Increasing the Size of the SHOWN AREA ingame(i mean to be able to remove completly the interface and only see units and mouse)
-Be able to EDIT ALL aspects limitles
-A better autofilling option (Ctrl+L was ok but u cant let it strat in the second
line and let it replace like it would be the first(for text))
-Making it able to let the same model use multiple Skins+changing them ingame.
-Easy way to change life with triggers...
-Make buff detection on death
-Make diff.cliff types able to go into each other without graphical errors.
-A real hit detection.

- BE ABLE TO create and remove Cliffs ingame with triggers!

ok so far.

greets equal

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
Sheet Music Reader.
Because we have to keep our maps so small. You guys could build a tab/sheet music program in it. so we can write our own music or find music we know and plug it in. that way we can have all kinds of music and take little to no room.

So you have all the prerecoreded notes, and music program built in. we write the music in your program, and then we can use them as sounds in our game.

Even i simple version of it would go far. But it could be as complex as useing serverl insterments.

Also i would hope you recorde all the notes, and not try to make up notes useing the computer. As they sould alot better that way.

What does anyone else think about this?

edit: Msg for Flare, that is true, But If i am a pretty new programmer and i can make a decent simple one in 20 hours or so. I would think they have the resorces and have enough reason to do this.
It would only add, But you are right it might be a bit of a stretch to ask them for this. But Still, i think would be nice.

p.s. i am trying to build on with someone for warcarft. (But it would be a simple version, and take 1-2 meg to add to your game), i might even have to use a c# or outside program to make it easy to make your tab.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.