StarCraft 2 Editor - Wish List

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
Map Protection w/ password system won't work.

World Editor is an offline thing.

You could simply bruteforce the password , if you add in password tries you can simply bypass that by attaching a memory editor and freezing the count value.
I'm pretty sure for a map as large as dota leaving on your computer on straight for a bit wouldn't be a problem for anyone with a decent computer.

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
wow i didnt see this yet, yay i get to say it...
A way to make a save/load system with GUI, and no i have read all their facts, they have enhanced their GUI, and JASS. They will never remove gui tho, i prefer GUI, i see nothing wrong with it sure jass is quicker and better in many ways, but they said they are going to make everything sc2 code can do sc2 gui will be able to do. It might take longer yes, but it will be more user friendly.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
[bump]

Variable based events.
  • Very annoying to have to make periodic events with variable checking events.
  • Wouldn't have to write custom event functions.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bump.

How was this not mentioned:
Accurate Waits.

Then we could just loop from 0-X, and use waits in loops.

This is the reason why timers are used so much and why attaching systems where probably invented.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Bump.

Accurate Waits.

This is the reason why timers are used so much and why attaching systems where probably invented.

QFT!

I remember when I first tried using the loops with waits. I thought it was laggy because of all the units it was moving. Little did I know it was the inaccurate wait times causing it to look laggy. :rolleyes:

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
QFT!

I remember when I first tried using the loops with waits. I thought it was laggy because of all the units it was moving. Little did I know it was the inaccurate wait times causing it to look laggy. :rolleyes:
I second that.

I always used to use waits in loops :D.

... And in cinematics too.
"Pan camera over 30 seconds"
"wait 30 seconds"
"Pan another camera"

"Why is there a small pause?"

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I second that.

I always used to use waits in loops :D.

... And in cinematics too.
"Pan camera over 30 seconds"
"wait 30 seconds"
"Pan another camera"

"Why is there a small pause?"

Haha, I had the same problem. Ended up taking like 5 seconds off the waits, making the camera start panning before it finished, half the time.

But inaccurate waits DID create the need for attachment, which then resulted in structs, and many other useful systems.

I wonder if it actually is possible to get rid of the.. inaccurateness, since it is technically giving to the processor (which could be different depending on the delay of each person's computer in the connection/each person's computer speed).

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I don't know if this was mentioned exactly, but built-in 3Ds Max 9.
With all the good plugins to make life easy. :D

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know if this was mentioned exactly, but built-in 3Ds Max 9.
With all the good plugins to make life easy. :D

I think someone's hoping for a bit much there :p

I wonder if it actually is possible to get rid of the.. inaccurateness, since it is technically giving to the processor (which could be different depending on the delay of each person's computer in the connection/each person's computer speed).

Well, Timers are accurate (enough). So it's probably possible

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I want Battle.Net to be improved.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I want Battle.Net to be improved.
How?

I agree btw.
I want 'clans' (W/e they will be called) to have more features.

The chief should be able to create custom ranks, give each rank different powers (Kick, ban, none, etc). Would be awesome :D

This thread about ScumEdit though :(

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
For $150, I think not.

That is not a price I would pay for any game no matter how good it is:p You go ahead and ask blizzard to make you a game based on that and all we others will get the normal version for about a third of that price:D

I would Like to see a way to add values to the object editors, more than just the custom value, perhaps a list of 10 or more, or even the power to add your own values, that would be even better:D:D

Edit: Oh, and multiplayer compatible gamecaches would also be awesome:) And perhaps the tracker thingy fully developed:)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would Like to see a way to add values to the object editors, more than just the custom value, perhaps a list of 10 or more, or even the power to add your own values, that would be even better:D:D

UNIT.Attack1.Cooldown = 0.5 :D
Or simply:
SetUnitState(Unit, UNIT_STATE_ATTACK1_COOLDOWN, 0.5)

Edit: Oh, and multiplayer compatible gamecaches would also be awesome:) And perhaps the tracker thingy fully developed:)
That would be awesome.

I can't wait to see what will be there though.

Also, about the GUI thing.
What if GUI was like this:

Code:
[Click to add function]

[Function 'Action' - Click to change name] [Click to add arguments (Current: none)]
    [Click to add Locals]
    [Click to add Actions] (And those will be natives)

[Locals automatically nulled / no need to null!]

[End of Function]

[Init Function]
    [click to add locals]

GUI: Local Trigger Variable of name "t"
    GUI: Add Action to 't'. Function name 'Action'

[End of Function]

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
UNIT.Attack1.Cooldown = 0.5 :D
Or simply:
SetUnitState(Unit, UNIT_STATE_ATTACK1_COOLDOWN, 0.5)

I think I will rephrase what I said: I meant to put your own variables into a specific unit type, that can be changed and use how much you want just as the custom value, but more. Then their won't be any use for attachement systems anymore:D That and multiplayer gamecache would be the most awesome features I can think of for a map to have:thup:

It would be awesome to have such specific GUI as your example to, not that I care tho:) Bring on the code so that I can get working ->:banghead:

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think I will rephrase what I said: I meant to put your own variables into a specific unit type, that can be changed and use how much you want just as the custom value, but more. Then their won't be any use for attachement systems anymore:D That and multiplayer gamecache would be the most awesome features I can think of for a map to have:thup:

It would be awesome to have such specific GUI as your example to, not that I care tho:) Bring on the code so that I can get working ->:banghead:
Ahh, I see.

Basically Local Handle Vars built in?

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
The ability to create your own ability templates would be pretty fun i.e. instead of having to create a new Channel-based ability, then go through the long, boring process of changing the Options, Target Type, Base Order Id, etc., we could just create the ability once, save it as a template within the editor (so it's accessible to all maps), then create new abilities based on the template(s). Would get rid of a huge amount of trouble (IMO) with dealing with the Object Editor portion of abilities :)

And, as people have already said, some documentation/exemplary code for the scripting language and something equivalent to TESH (without the need to open a new dialog to view the function list, perhaps a list at the side of the screen

Accurate Waits.

Then get rid of waits, bring in more functionality for timers! :D

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The ability to create your own ability templates would be pretty fun i.e. instead of having to create a new Channel-based ability, then go through the long, boring process of changing the Options, Target Type, Base Order Id, etc., we could just create the ability once, save it as a template within the editor (so it's accessible to all maps), then create new abilities based on the template(s). Would get rid of a huge amount of trouble (IMO) with dealing with the Object Editor portion of abilities :)

That'd be awesome. Same for Units, Buffs, etc though.
'Dummy Unit' will be my first Unit Template :)

And, as people have already said, some documentation/exemplary code for the scripting language and something equivalent to TESH (without the need to open a new dialog to view the function list, perhaps a list at the side of the screen
Minimize the function list, and it goes to the side of your screen.

Then get rid of waits, bring in more functionality for timers! :D
Nahh.. I personally think Timers should be used for timer windows, and periodic events. Nothing else :)

Tbh, I'm starting to think I'll be disappointed with the editor now. After all these amazing features, most of them probably won't be implemented.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Minimize the function list, and it goes to the side of your screen.
But having it always active and, at the same time, not in your way, would be even better!

Nahh.. I personally think Timers should be used for timer windows, and periodic events. Nothing else
Well, if Blizzard made timers better, there should be no reason not to use timers for everything.

Something along the lines of these pictures would be nice IMO

List of all custom functions in the 'trigger': (just so you never forget your function names in a really long script ^_^)
This pic shows all the functions for the associated class, so it's not really ideal, but I think it gets the point across
members.png

Function categories, and the functions contained within those categories:
Not the ideal representation either, but something similar to this
classview.png

And a good syntax checker :D

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
But having it always active and, at the same time, not in your way, would be even better!
Yeah, I understand now (The pictures helped)

Well, if Blizzard made timers better, there should be no reason not to use timers for everything.
Well, if Blizzard made waits better, there should be no reason not to use waits for everything.

waits in loops are easier to control (How many times it is ran) and locals and other stuff are still usable.
If you're going to say that it interrupts the code: Use them in another function :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.