Starcraft 2 system requirements.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
http://us.blizzard.com/support/arti...parentCategoryId&pageNumber=1&categoryId=3633

Finally announced. Kinda had to be with beta.

PC Minimum Requirements:
• Windows XP SP3/Vista SP1/Windows 7
• 2.2 Ghz Pentium IV or equivalent AMD Athlon processor
• 1 GB system RAM/1.5 GB for Vista and Windows 7
• 128 MB NVidia GeForce 6600 GT/ATI Radeon 9800 PRO video card
• 1024x768 minimum display resolution
• 4 GB free hard space (Beta)
• Broadband connection

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
• 128 MB NVidia GeForce 6600 GT/ATI Radeon 9800 PRO video card

I lost. Poor 128 MB 7100 I got will be destroyed Lol. But, then again. Dunno if I would even want to get Starcraft. Getting bored of stuff.

Gah. I want to get Starcraft. But then I think I won't have enough time for it, to learn the game and get into the editor. I'm sticking to Warcraft :3

chanta45

Reaction score
Nono come to Sc2! The map maker is going to be unreal. I hope I get into beta b4 the map maker is released.

*Sigh* One can dream!

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
That equals to how much Ghz in Dual Core? Quad Core?

I think it's pretty much guaranteed that if you have a dual/quad core processor you meet the minimum requirements. Pentium IV processors were extremely slow, despite their high clock rates (I believe they even have Pentium IV 4.0 GHz).

The 2.2 GHz Pentium 4 was released on January 2002, so if you have something newer, your CPU meets the minimum requirements.

I happen to think that the minimum requirements are miles away from what would generally be considered a system that would run the game smoothly, even at the lowest settings.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I happen to think that the minimum requirements are miles away from what would generally be considered a system that would run the game smoothly, even at the lowest settings.

Yea but at 1024x768 resolution it prolly would. Who would wanna use that though? :p

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The system requirements are lower than I expected (although these are just minimums).

Cookiemaster

Reaction score
My PC, which is quite old and had a few upgrades/replacements, meets all requirements, except maybe a processor, which is a AMD Athlon 64 3000+ that is clocked on 1.81Ghz.

And my laptop however, is past all those requirements, but may have some problems with it's, oh-so-fantastic, built-in video card; a mobile intel 4 series express chipset family, which has disappointed me with low fps in games like Team Fortress 2, as well as giving graphical glitches in games like Age of Mythology.

Anyone know if I might be able to run the game fine on either?

Yea but at 1024x768 resolution it prolly would. Who would wanna use that though? :p

:( DON'T MAKE FUN OF ME.

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
My PC, which is quite old and had a few upgrades/replacements, meets all requirements, except maybe a processor, which is a AMD Athlon 64 3000+ that is clocked on 1.81Ghz.
That would be an "equivalent AMD Athlon processor" as specified in the minimum requirements. Probably a bit better too.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
And my laptop however, is past all those requirements, but may have some problems with it's, oh-so-fantastic, built-in video card; a mobile intel 4 series express chipset family, which has disappointed me with low fps in games like Team Fortress 2, as well as giving graphical glitches in games like Age of Mythology.

That's the same (or similar) card as the one on my laptop. I looked it up and the general consensus is that the Radeon 9800 is better than it (and that's the MINIMUM reqs).

Resolution has no impact on CPU performance, that's all GPU based. I happen to use 1280x1024 as that's the maximum resolution my monitor(s) supports.

The memory and resolution seems to be about what I expected for the requirements, but everything else seems to be pretty low.

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
im not im... then again i signed up a laptop for the beta... lol

intel i7 720 QM
1GB of Nvidia 230M
4 gb ram
260 gb hard drive..
5.9 windows experience index

new laptop, still.. sad i didnt get in..

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score

I do use that for almost every game thank you:p

I am so damn surprised that I can't find words for except:
My comp should be able to run the beta:eek:

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
I have everything on there except for my wonderful integrated graphics card with 64 vram. fuck me. Well, the requirements are lower than I expected anyway. Now I just have to buy a new computer.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
My 4-year old computer which I am still running with (the only computer) can run it! Yay! :D

Anyway, I'll get a laptop for college soon and it will be more than enough to run it, as I don't care about having the graphic settings at maximum :p.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.