Starcraft II release DATE? (although it has nothing to do with the release date)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
And no, I am not wondering when it will come uo.Baisicly I want to ask you guys if you have an idea how mane percent is SCII finished.Also, am I the only one conserned that SCII won't have the veriaty of models warcraft as.I mean 1 male and female models and 2 models at all.Warcraft has moore then 300 different types of models and creeps without changing anything on them.So...what do you think?

Reaction score
What? When you write a thread, please check the grammer before you submit. Didn't you really notice:
And no, I am not wondering when it will come uo.Baisicly I want to ask you guys if you have an idea how mane percent is SCII finished.Also, am I the only one conserned that SCII won't have the veriaty of models warcraft as.
And so on. Oh, the title says something funny too.

I don't know. They haven't finished any of the 3 games.

I'm pretty sure you've seen more than 2 models in SCII gameplay videos.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I agree, the spelling in this post is just atrocious.

Hehe.. Good one:p
But, they are actually pretty far in the game production. I think they are atleast a 60-70% of the first game complete as far as the gameplay goes. The campaigns are not something they just descided before blizzcon, I think they have been working on them for quite a while, but as I recall from some video I saw yesterday from blizzcon, they are making the terran version first, then the zerg version and last but not least the protoss version. I think the spokesperson said something about that, not sure tho.

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
I can't really make sense of what you are saying.... are you trying to say that you think Starcraft 2 has 2 unit models? lol...

I'm pretty confident SC2 will have double the number of unit models available in war3, especially considering the fact the game will have not 1 but 2 expansions.

Evoroth

Reaction score
And no, I am not wondering when it will come uo.Baisicly I want to mispell a lot.

First of all, War3 doesn't have 500 models. There's just one ogre model, one gnoll model and one murloc model with different sizes and colors used for different units, and you can change those for yourself in the object editor.

There are many, many units in starcraft 2, and every scrapped unit, every unit from the original game, and some exclusive to the campaign, will be in the editor. And some of those will have different models (of which one look much better). Count in the critters & heroes too.

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
yeah what I've enjoyed seeing in the screenshots (from what must be the terran campaign) is things like the vehicle and unit models having quite a few different skins (check this screen shot).... I really doubt they would have done this the same as in war 3 and had a different model for every skin, I get the feeling that skins will be applicable in the world editor or even randomly chosen.

This would open some doorways for modding, it would be much nicer to only have to import your custom skin for a unit that is already ingame instead of re-importing the model for each instance.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.