Starcraft Zone Control

Doomhammer

Bob Kotick - Gamers' corporate spoilsport No. 1
Reaction score
Starcraft Zone Control made by Angelusz is a project I've been working on quite some time now. The new version of the map is about to come out soon, with a rough estimate of ~90% finished; it boasts a better gameplay with new additional special abilities from the original Starcraft, such as Spider Mines, Cloaking Field and Nuke Launch.
I'm writing here in place of Angelusz, who has just become a member of this forum. Since for my part, I won't have time in the next few months to finish off the map, I'd like to find somebody with moderate to good jass knowledge to tread into my footsteps. Seeing it like that, it's rather an easy job, mainly consisting in converting and optimizing a small amount of GUI triggers, and implementing some already precoded functions; the making of the AI is optional. If necessary I'll coach you through the tricky parts of the process. The most important thing is that you've got fun with coding and beta-testing. Obviously there's also room to implement new ideas, especially for the new sabotage ability.

The reward
+ credit in the map
+ rep (3 x rep from me)

If interested, PM me or post in this thread

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_100907_000459_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_100907_000459_01.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 346

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I will add +20 Rep as well on notice from Doomhammer if you help him out.

Doomhammer

Reaction score
That's excellent support from TH, thanks an awesome lot. ;) Should there be more than one person interested, then tasks can be split up.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
Im only decent with jass but I think i can translate and optimise the triggers for Angelusz/you if they aren't many.
How many lines of trigger the map has? (more or less)
I like doing codings but I hate the object editor. If you want just send me a trigger, I tranlate it. If you're happy with the result i can do some more.

but don't await much of me :>

Doomhammer

Reaction score
Angelusz has made one endgame trigger, but for each player the same thing - so it's 8 times the same. There's 2 rather small triggers for an endgame dialogue, and 2 more short triggers for team-mode team win.

EDIT: should Ninja_sheep take over the task of converting the GUI triggers, then there's 2 more functionalities which can be divided in between 2 more coders: 1) code a computer adversary "AI" 2) go crazy with the sabotage ability

Reaction score
I am quite good jass coder. I might help you out with this one :). I have nothing to do right now, but the spell for emjlr3's contest. So how long are you gone? You won't continue as jass coder in that map anymore? Am I able to use vJass or is it made with normal WE?

AI is a part I have never tried to do though..

EDIT://
>I will add +20 Rep as well on notice from Doomhammer if you help him out.
Never seen you supporting projects here before? Is this something special here? Or then I haven't just seen..

Doomhammer

Reaction score
Hi Überplayer. I'm glad to count you in. Thing is, that I have a hell of a stress with University and some other issues at the moment. I'm not gone, just won't be able to spend a bunch of hours at a time, hence the demand for help. Also it's that after working such a long time on a project you eventually end up depleted. With some fresh energy, this can be pulled through within maybe a week or so. If you'd like to work on an AI, then I can give you the zone control AI I made for my map as an example of how things could look like. It's not that hard to make it a modest to tough adversary.

Reaction score
Well then, I'd gladly help you out :). When do I start ;o?

EDIT://I'm quite bored here D;

Doomhammer

Reaction score
Excellent! I'm glad to count you in.

You can start as soon as you got in contact with Angelusz

Angelusz

Reaction score
Hello there! I thought it might be nice to show myself around these forums as well. I've created the map and need someone's help to complete Doomhammer's work. For more general information on the map, you can visit www.sczonecontrol.nl - most of it is in there. To those offering their help, thanks! I will contact you.

~ Angelusz

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
May I help out?

Edit -
@Angelusz
Omg, who coded the page...seems like it is too stingy to just have like 7/10 of the whole page is added items.
The window's too small.

Magentix

if (OP.statement == false) postCount++;
Reaction score
Cool map, nice site...

If it comes down to "just" converting triggers from GUI to JASS, optimize them and perhaps merge several "does-the-same-as" triggers, I could help out.

Doomhammer

Reaction score
tasks can be split up:
*convert the last few GUI triggers
*create a script for computer adversaries
*add the sabotage ability
*testing&bugfixing

reward will stay the same from my part. Hope TH is up for that as well.

Magentix

Reaction score
Just PM me whatever you need done (don't know jack about AI though...)

I'll have a looksy at it, a second optimizing/reviewing as a whole of your JASS is also something I could do...

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
lol, I just checked my mailbox for answer and he answered...
he just said uberplayer did all the work (almost)

Magentix

Reaction score
Forwarding (private) e-mails to a (public) forum without the author's consent is not done imo... :nuts:

Especially when you put "looooooooooooool" in front of it.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
nvm, if you think so... well, changed it :eek:
well, the e-mail isn't that privat. And about the lol: I really laughed when i read it. so why not?

Angelusz

Reaction score
First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for their interest and willingness to help out! I'll bookmark this thread and look up your names when I need some help. At this point having everyone help at the same time is impossible, but I sure would love all the help I can get when needed. Also, I need a decent bunch of playtesters, so if you guys can help out with that, would be much appreciated. +rep will apply, ofcourse.

May I help out?

Edit -
@Angelusz
Omg, who coded the page...seems like it is too stingy to just have like 7/10 of the whole page is added items.
The window's too small.
I created the coding, as well as the art for the website. It's my first website ever, so be gentle! I did get help on the code though.

Magentix said:
Cool map, nice site...

If it comes down to "just" converting triggers from GUI to JASS, optimize them and perhaps merge several "does-the-same-as" triggers, I could help out.
Just PM me whatever you need done (don't know jack about AI though...)

I'll have a looksy at it, a second optimizing/reviewing as a whole of your JASS is also something I could do...
Thanks! Someone is already on the converting process, so that won't be needed. I would like you to take a look and see if anything can be perfected when it's all done. It never hurts to get a second opinion.

Ninja_Sheep said:
lol, I just checked my mailbox for answer and he answered...
he just said uberplayer did all the work (almost)

nvm, if you think so... well, changed it
well, the e-mail isn't that privat. And about the lol: I really laughed when i read it. so why not?
Perhaps I wasn't clear enough in the e-mail, perhaps you misinterpreted it. Yes, Überplayer is already doing part of the work that needs to be done, however I also stated that there's more things that need doing soon. I even asked you if you could convert a specific part I'm working on at the moment. I'm not sure what you expected, but sorry if I let you down. It would be madness to have everyone do the same task over and over!

To be honest, I never expected so many people wanting to help; so thanks a bunch guys! If you'd like to help playtesting when we're ready for it, please post at the forum found at my site (www.sczonecontrol.nl, forum button is at the bottom of the page), there's a playtesting signup thread in the general board.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.