Spell Static Shield

The_Kingpin

Member (Who are you and why should I care?)
Reaction score
Odd. I am having no trouble whatsoever casting on the same unit. Grimoire and debug mode is on and it is not giving me any null struct troubles. All it does is destroy balls from the last cast and replace them with new ones.

EDIT: Updated, removed tabs on config section, increased storage space to 32760.

Double Edit: Wait, I found a problem.

Triple Edit: Nevermind, lol. There's an entire struct not being destroyed.

Quadruple Edit: LOL it was just something stupid. I forgot to decrease the variable containing the amount of balls that were left orbiting when the unit was attacked.

What the hell comes after quadruple? Edit: Fixed it. No, it wasn't anything to do with the storage system.

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
I see you "updated" your system.
Well it is better now, instead of crashing it will only get slow after some time :D

Why don't you stop being a smart ass and if you really like 0x100000 hacks so much start to use Vexorian's CSData?

And for the last time:
ATTACHING TO UNITS IS NOT MUI.

It is a fact, and it does not matter what system you use, the moment you attach something to unit that code is not MUI any more.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
He claims it MUI but its not (I just edited his first post to Not MUI) Once you fix your problems you can add MUI again.

The_Kingpin

Reaction score
Um, I can cast this spell with two units at the same time, and everything comes out okay. Yes, attaching something to a unit would not function correctly when two are used on a single unit, but in this case, there is only supposed to be one effect on the unit at a time! (I.E. it doesn't stack.) I might not be getting the picture here, though. I don't really see how it isn't. Please, enlighten me someone.

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
Well in case you are checking if something is already attached to a unit (are you?),
and then replace the old attachment with a new one every time spell is cast on the same unit it will be MUI.

You could add stacking (by time perhaps)
maybe also check to not replace attachments from higher level spell with a lover level one.

I believe Anitarf has a whole buff system for this kind of stuff.

The_Kingpin

Reaction score
Yeah, if a struct for that ability is already set to that unit, it destroys that struct and creates a new one. This refreshes the effect, restarting its duration timer, replacing expired balls, and matching the number of balls on the affected unit with the caster's ability level.

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
Lol, why are you destroying old struct?
Simply assign new values to it.

The_Kingpin

Reaction score
Well then I'd have to add / subtract more balls to it, move the balls so they are at even angles, restart the countdown timer, adjust the damage values....

And does that make it MUI yet?

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
Yes I believe it is MUI now,
I did not test the map however.

That is your job anyways.
Use several heroes and start casting buffs like crazy for 5 min.

If nothing bad happens in the meantime it is ok.

Btw all this can be done with 4 times less code.
Learn to use ForGroup.

The_Kingpin

Reaction score
I find loops more convenient and easier to read, however. But I'll consider it. (Wouldn't that make more code to write, declaring a new static method, transferring the variables and all that crap?)

And one last thing, how exactly would the slowing down over time play out, and why?

(Going to sleep now, staying up late makes me fat.)

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
Well good morning now, I have a couple of bad news.

Cast level 3 shield on a unit, and the cast lvl 1 shield on a unit.
When shield expires you get:
Attempt to destroy a null struct of type: StaticShield__Orbit

Attaching to units is always a bad idea,
it simply takes too much effort to fix it to be MUI,
and it is just too damn easy to make a mistake.

I recommend using this.

------------------
About "why is it getting slower":
number of if's the system checks increases with max handle index.
Wasn't that pretty obvious?

The_Kingpin

Reaction score
Updated! The null struct message was yet another issue with me and the BallCount variable for keeping track of the number of balls left (It was uninitialized but I tried to increment it.) It works now.

Oh, you meant getting slower by performing 2/3/4 if comparisons. I though you meant crippling lag increasing exponentially over a long period of time.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.