Stone Form not working!

Zapat0

Reaction score
Stone Form is a spell , under Undead - Units . (located in the object Editor)
Gargoyles can use this spell , its simple , they turn into stone (the cant move nor attack , but , gain a bonus in HP REGEN.)
THE PROBLEM STARTS HERE
I wanted a custom spell for the footman captain (under human - Capaign)
he is supposed to turn into a Villager Male (2) , GAIN HP REGEN , lose his ability to MOVE and attack , and stone form is replaced with another spell that enables him to move and attack and changes him BACK to Footman Captain form .
well i will write down the object editor info on my ability . Fields that are NOT there werent written , so the Fields written are the fields I have Changed , all the other fields where left normaly .
Art - Icon - Normal Villager Male (2)
Art - Icon - Turn Off Captain , Swordsman
Data - Alternate Form - Villager Male (2)
Data - Normal Form Unit Captain , Swordsman
Stats - Race - Human
TechTree - Check Dependencies False
TechTree - Requirements <BLANK SPACE> NOTHING THERE

thats all thx .
I suppose i could make a trig to make this work , if a trigg comes to mid , post it .
Sorry for my english , english is NOT my native language .

Edit : i forgot a couple of things :S sorry readers .

The problem is that there is no turning off , when i click on stone form , footman gains bonus hp regen .
BUT he CAN still move , he CAN still attack , DOESNT changes form AND "Stone form" CANT be Turned Off , so i have a super hp regening footman captain that CAN move and attack , when he is supposed to STop doing those things . and as i said earlier , he DOESNT changes into a Villager male (2).

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
So... what does it do? What happens when you try to use it?

Zapat0

Reaction score
Footman Captain , Doesnt changes form CAN ATTACK CAN MOVE , GAINS HP REGEN .
thats all i think , nothing happens when i click on the spell icon again , NOTHING , u dont lose hp regen bonus , you dont change (back) you can attack n move .
was that what you where asking ?

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
So, you can change to the villager, but not back to the captain? Is that what you mean? If that's not working for you, try using a different metamorphosis spell like Bear Form.

W

Wolves

try editing the normal metamorphoisis so it has a longer time or check if it does at all.

Edit: so you want him not to change form?

Zapat0

Reaction score
sigh..
i want my footman Captain to change form , while in villager form , HE CANT ATTACK NOR MOVE NOR CAST SPELLS .
When in Villager form he gains HP Regen the only spell he can cast is the Stone Form turn off .
its just like gargolyes 's stone form but changed model .
when you turn off stone form you change model to Footman Captain get normal hp regen , CAN ATTACK and MOVE and cast stone form .
when in villager form you cant move , you cant attack .(just like gargoyles , but CHANGED MODELs)

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
I already understand what you want it to do. What I don't know is what it IS doing or why it isn't working. Have you tried using any other metamorphosis abilities?

Zapat0

Reaction score
I have just tried w stone form .
what isnt working , i dunno .
the ability is just increasing the Captain's HP regen .
captain can attack n move and doesnt change model.
SO , the only thing the ability is doing is :

INCREASING CAPT's HP REGEN .

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, try some other metamorphosis abilities. (i.e. Bear Form, Chaos, Demon Hunter's Metamorphosis) If those don't work, then post your map.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, try some other metamorphosis abilities. (i.e. Bear Form, Chaos, Demon Hunter's Metamorphosis) If those don't work, then post your map.

Indeed, and you can then add the life regen by using a disabled Unholy Aura in a spellbook. As for the move and attack, you can set the movement speed of that villager to 0, and don't enable an attack.

Would be a perfect imitation of Stone Form.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> add the life regen by using a disabled Unholy Aura in a spellbook

But if it's going to be using a different unit, wouldn't it be easier just to make the alternate unit have a higher regen by default?

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Works too :p

Try that Zapat0, and tell us the results.

velnias

Reaction score
Or, you can use ability Destroyer Form this ability change the form into new unit u can set move speed life regen attacks and other abilities to new unit also this this ability (Destroyer Form) dont change previous life (if unit have 40 % life after your ability new unit again have 40 % life) Just dont forget for new unit make ability to back your previuos form use again destroyer form. :)
sry for bad english :p

Zapat0

Reaction score
I think i will try velnias sugg.
thx anywyas , when im done w that , i will tell my results.

uber strange thing happened .
not only does the footman captain plays death animation when destroyer form is activated , but he doesnt change to villager he doesnt lose atk or move and he doesnt change hp regen .
sorry but ill try what DaXtreme and Ghan told me to try .
shit ability to change customize right ?
again , sorry for my english its not my native language

ok i will try with Bear Form and i will try to do that disabled spell book unholy aura thing for the increased hp regen .

what the hell is happening with those fucking morph abilities , using bear form also plays death animation for my unit and doesnt change model . FUUUUCK .
can anyone try if morphing a footman captain is possible ?

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> that disabled spell book unholy aura thing for the increased hp regen .

As Ghan pointed out you'd be better off with just an increased regeneration rate on the alternate unit.

Stop swearing.

Mindless One

Reaction score
I think I got the solution, make a new "stone form" spell, change it so that it transforms into the stoneform gargoyle, and can reverse back to your captain, if it does happen as it should, no attack, movement so on... Then u change the model file of the stone gargoyle to villager, test again. And it should work.

Zapat0

Reaction score
DaXtreme can i have an explanation on how to do that unholy aura disabled spell book thing .

OffTopic : k ill stop swearing .

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just increase the regeneration rate on your alternate unit, the "villager".

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I hate doing this, as I like to see people get things on their own, but I'll make and test a demo map for this OK?

Alright, I finished. I originally based the spell off of Stone Form but it just sort of left the model and I could see the shadow moving around and the model would run in place. The same thing happened when I based it off of Metamorphosis, so I just made it triggered. It's based off of WindWalk.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.