Stone Form

Mythes

Reaction score
I'm trying to make a Hero with a skill like Gargoyle Stone Form. (Melee games of WC3)
When the unit, Gargoyle, uses Stone Form, he lands from where he is flying and he remains like a statue in the ground. Then when you use stone form again, he breaks the stone and lifts flight.
When I tried that on a hero, without any triggers, if you use stone form, he lands and becomes the statue. But if you "un-stone form" him, the model breaks the stone form, turning him back into a gargoyle, but you don't control the model. Actually, the model freezes in place, and you gain control of a "shadow" (as if the model isn't working)
The hero's model that uses this ability is the Gargoyle.
So, I wanted to make a stone form that works with hero. Is it possible or does this skill have the same problem that Metamorph has? (can't morph into a Hero unit)
I'll post SS's if what I wrote is too complicated to understand... I'm pretty sure it is...

Myt.

PYROMANIC

Reaction score
You need to change Stone Form ability's
Data - Normal Form Unit: your hero (I just tested it with Dread Lord, worked perfectly)

Mythes

Reaction score
thanks. will try and, if all is well, i'll post the ty.
if something doesn't work, i'll post a map...

Myt.

Still not working....
It transforms but it doesn't transform back...
And, if I wait some time, the stone form breaks, and I control a "shadow", and the model stands in place...

I removed the requirements from stone form ability, but when I use stone form, in the stone form, I can't un-stone him, because it says I need the requirements "Stone Form". (4 stone form in one phrase...)
Need SS / map ?
Not really sure where I'm wrong....
Maybe the "un-stone" is another ability.?

drol

Reaction score
Bumpty Bump Bump...

Do both units (the stone form and the normal one) have the ability and eachothers alternative as alternative unit? And are they both in the data of the ability? I don't know what else could cause a bug. Maybe you could post a map with it so we can see what goes wrong.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Stone form is perhaps the most unpredictable and outright buggiest of the morph abilities, not that morphing in general is perfect. I suggest basing your ability off Metamorphosis since it's designed for heroes. Or triggering the transformation using Chaos. Whatever floats your boat.

Mythes

Reaction score
Ability is working perfectly.
My friend solved my problem..
If you want the solution, I'll post it...

Myt.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.