Stopping Line Ability?

JeveKnight

Reaction score
Ok, in my map I have abilities that are suppose to be gunshots. For this I use carrions warm and Shockwave so it goes in a line when it hits the target. I wanna know how I can make the ability stop right when it hits a unit/destructible/whatever it is allowed to target, so that it doesn't go any further. How can I do it?
Thanks, I will rep anyone that can give me an answer that successfully works.
-JeveKnight

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
I believe you can't do that. One way is to make a custom spell that travels in a straight line by triggers. Then you can remove the custom spell when it damages a unit.

JeveKnight

Reaction score
You need to use dummy units and trigger their movement to simulate a missile. I made a spellpack before. They fit your descriptions.

This.

Wow, those are EXACTLY what I'm looking for... only it's going to be really hard to convert them. I have 11 guns total, all purchasable at a shop and used as an ability. I just hope I can figure out your triggers, cause it has a lot of custom scripts and variables. VERY nice pack for weapons tho, I applaud you for that. Can you tell me how you got the weapons to make sounds, I see you have no imported sounds or models for this map. I would like to make my seperate guns to have seperate imported sounds attached to them xD
Thanks a lot, very nice pack. Just hope I can figure it out :p

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
It shouldn't be that hard to import.

1. Just copy and paste the dummy bullet, and the ability to your map.
  2. Then, copy and paste the whole trigger folder (if you want rifle, then copy only rifle folder). Make sure you set so that WE automatically generates variable when copy triggers. (This can be found in File > Preference).
  3. And you're done.

Basically only 2 steps.

The sounds are default WC3 sounds. Some are Axe chopping sound, attack sound, etc. The bullet model is also default. As for the variables, they are quite easy to recognise. Because I added prefixes for separate spells (A_, B_, etc). Shouldn't be too hard to distinguish.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.