Storm Bolt and a regen problem

Xonora

Reaction score
Hi guys, I need help making a storm bolt akin to the one in Dota. I believe it involves a dummy storm bolt that flies to a point and casting a warstomp or something. Hence, you get an AoE storm bolt. I did the triggers but have a lil problem. My channel is not showing. (I checked visible and targeting image) Or do you guys have any better ways to do this skill?

I also need a regen trigger like MW2 or Gears of war where a unit regens to full hp after not being atk for 10 secs or smth. Can help? Thks in adv

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
In Channel's "Options" data field, check "Visible" to make the icon appear.

For your second question, simply start a 10-seconds timer whenever the unit is attacked. Then when the timer expires, add it to a unit group and use a periodic trigger to regenerate the health. A hashtable would be required to make it MUI in GUI.

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
For your AoE stormbolt, you could also try basing your spell off of Cluster Rockets. It can be configured to give you a one shot targetable AoE stun with a projectile. Although, you don't get the benefit of missile homing like you would from the trigger you are suggesting.

game_war48

Reaction score
If you want to make a storm bolt like Sven in DotA, you should base your spell on Channel with these options:
Data - Art Duration: 0.00
Data - Base Order ID: depends on you
Data - Disable Other Abilites: False
Data - Follow Through Time: 0.00
Data - Options: Visible and Targeting Image
Data - Target Type: Unit Target (or Point Target if you don't want it must need an enemy unit in the center of AoE to cast)

I always base my custom spell on Channel because it doesn't have any effects.
Here is some information about Channel:
Ability Channel (ANcl)

* Data - Art Duration: Repeating time the effects in "Art -"
* Data - Base Order ID: Spell's Order ID, if you use more than one ability "Channel" for one unit or hero, it must be different. If your unit have 2 abilities "Channel", both's Order ID are "chainlightning", it will like you have two abilities "Chain Lightning".
* Data - Disable Other Abilities: If true, it will pause when your hero/unit cast this spell.
* Data - Follow Through Time: Channeling time
* Data - Option
o Visible: Show ability "Channel".
o Target Image: make this spell become a AoE spell like blizzard, rain of fire...
o Physical Spell: if you use this option, this spell can't cast on Ethereal units (Banished units).
o Universal Spell: this spell will like an "ultimate" spell. Of course, it can cast on Immune units. And if Target Allowed contains Invulnerable and Vulnerable, it can cast on Invulnerable units, too.
o Unique Cast: I don't know effect of this option :confused:.
* Data - Target Type
o Instant Cast: Cast instantly like Thunderclap, Warstomp, Berserk...
o Unit Target: Cast on an unit like Storm Bolt, Fire Bolt, Purge,...
o Point Target: cast on point like Shockwave, Carrion Swarm,...
o Unit or Point Target: can cast both (Unit Target and Point Target)

P/s: I took these information from Tom_Kazansky :D.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.