Strange request, creating a tooltip with HTML/CSS

Terrabull

Veteran Member (Done that)
Reaction score
The topic is probably a little confusing, sorry about that. What I am looking for is if someone has already coded up a tooltip box, as it looks in Warcraft 3, using CSS or HTML. I want to embed it in a webpage, but I don't want to take screenshots of all these tooltips, I'd rather just copy the text and use then generate it, like many of the WOW sites do for their tooltips.
I figured I would ask if anyone here has made something like this, or seen it anywhere on the web. (I already did an extensive Google search.)
Small bits of help would be useful too, like if you know what Hex color the background or border of a tooltip window is.
Thanks in advance!

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
The hexes you can easily find out with a program that has an eye dropper tool and a screenshot... But sorry, I don't have any script for that tooltip.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Could you direct me to a site that has one so that I can see what you mean?

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
You mean like in sites like DotA-Allstars, you highlight over the hero icon? And it displays the tooltip in-game and the setrenght, etc?
omgifq.png

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
If that's what you want, I don't get why you don't just either open the source code for the websites and download the images (you can do that right?), or just take a screenshot and edit the box to your needs. I'm not great with those kinds of things, but that just seems like the easiest methods.

Terrabull

Reaction score
No, I don't want it to be a pop-up. I want it to be part of the page, but not an image, dynamically generated
I can't provide a link because I can't find a site that has this.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
In that case, the only hard part would be the CSS to get the borders right, but you could just steal their CSS and mod it a bit to your liking. Echo'ing the data dynamically is very simple.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Basically, he wants something that changes tooltip code into html:

Code:
|cffccff00   -->   <p color="#ccff00">

|r   -->   </p>

|n   -->   <br>

1. first two characters are ignored, as they specify transparency (and I don't think it is implemented into WC3 tooltips)

1 & 2. the "p" (paragraph) code can be changed, but this is just an example. :p

3. |n (newline) is the equivalent of (the ugly) <br> in html.

I think he just wants some program that parses and replaces the text for him.

Terrabull

Reaction score
No, I plan to do it myself, this is a project for a wiki. I just want to be able to display a something that looks like the tooltip they see in game.
I know the hard part is the CSS, and unfortunatly that's my weak point. Do you think Warcraft 3 tooltips look like WoW tooltips? If so I can just use their colors.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.