String Variables

H

hehehehe

Okay my trigger goes like this.

Event- Player 1 types a chat message containing ( string variable ) as an exact match.

Condition- None

Action- Show Player 1 the text message: Thank you for typing your original password. You may now type a new word ( 1-8 characters ). This new word will become your new password, allowing you to login to this fun interactive game.

I need help with this. The string variable ( PasswordString, NOT array ) does not show up. It says that no variables of this type exist.

U

Unregistered

sorry but i really want this answered today so please hurry

U

Unregistered

i see that no one has answered. that is probably my own fault. Let me explain it in more detail.

I have a variable, it's type is "string array."
This string array variable is called PasswordString.

When a player ( 1 ) types "Change Password," it will take them to a screen in which they type their normal password. It goes:

Event- Player 1 types a chat message ( old password, set as Password String ) as an exact match.
Conditions- None
Actions- Display Message: Thank you for typing your original password. You may now type a word with 1-8 characters. This will become your new password.

So, they type it, and it works. But, when i try to pick "passwordstring," it says that no generated variables of this type exist. All I want is to find out how you put a string variable into an event chat message.

M

Mysterious Stranger

The (incredibly handsome) moderator Darg is not around to answer your post, so allow me to fill in.

If you are using the RoC editor, then you can only put real variables into events, you cannot put any other type of variable in them. I don't know if this situation has changed in the TFT editor.

Sorry, I know this information has probably stuffed you up with your password system...

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.