Suggest something to put in this dab of terrain

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Can't think of anything to put in this style of terrain. If you can think it, I can make it.

The game it's for is a fast paced squad/insurgency game, with some inspirations taken from Empire 1.2
This terrain is also a very small test to see what I could make of my re-discovered Multi-Layer terrain I made a long time ago.
To further explain the gameplay, players move around capuring points on the map that grant varying bonuses (some give income, some allow you to upgrade, others provide mortars, and so on)
Those 2 spots will be 'capture able'

The forest is still very WIP, I need to re-do the ground plants to make them blend in better, more of them, and make them higher and bigger.

Restrictions - Should compliment the 'tile' underneath it (something either destroyed or non-natural)
Should not look totally out of place

I'll + rep if your suggestion gives me some thought into it = )
EDIT: Oh yes, scale. Those sand-bags are about the same size (width+ height) of the default footman. Yea, it's big.

Before
31950380.jpg

After (Still have to work on the plane)
30280840.jpg

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
It looks like it should be a trench or something maybe?
Either dug out, or raised up and used as a "barricade" type thing;
Like on Saving Private Ryan where the guys are up in the hills shooting the people coming ashore.

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
I think you should add some, bushes, rocks, grass, critters, maybe fog, just to give it some more personality, you know? Mostly I think it looks rather plain. But it looks like a good start.

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
I can't move the terrain around too much - so trenches are mostly out of the question.

I was actually thinking of either a jeep yard or a site of a crashed plane =/

And yes, the terrain is very, very wip at the moment.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Ok well a little more info please. Also if its like a modern map, maybe have some forts of some sort? Bunkers? What type of map is it?

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
The game is not a squad base/insurgency game, and it does not take inspirations from Empire 1.2
The game does not have anything to do with taking control of varying points across the map, which grant different bonuses.
The terrain is not wip, and will not have sandbags.
And, if you didn't notice I'm not asking on what to do for the center terrain.

Hope that helps mate.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Well then maybe make some strategic locations that the squad might want just to get a little boost? (Not like capturing varying points.) Just to give it a strategic edge. Also yes i like your crashed plane idea, maybe make some tire spikes laying around? A almost buried over tank?

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Besides giving a slight advantage to attacking the back/sides, unitVSunit fighting won't be too different than default. I'm not going to bother with accuracy in this game, bursts, and what not.

Also I want players to avoid turtling each other (Which is why I have many ideas to both encourage and discourage massing or insurgencing)

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Not a jeepyard, a plane crash site is more believable in the middle of a forest like that.
And what about my idea of raising it a little bit to give players the edge if they control the hill?

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Bump, updated first pic slightly (It looks a bit better close up with fog)

Anyway, what kind of plane crash should it be? should it resemble a ww2 era fighter? Should it be 'recent' (aka: trees on fire, smoke) or should it be a futuristic looking thing (Not star-wars futuristic mind you)

What about the area next to it? Should I convert it into an old school? Some huts?

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Maybe around WW2 yeah.
I was thinking more the lower middle gets dug out a tiny bit and the top middle is where the plane actually lies (making it look like it slid a while) .
Trees burning/smoking is up to you;
IMO, it'd look alright if you didn't overdo it.

illidan92

Reaction score
I think it should be some kind of sheet metal building where the "OPFOR" could be holding up/guarding, or just a place where firefights would obviously take place and the sector of fire would be pretty obviously laid on there as well as the outlying woods.

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Haven't worked on it too much.
There is a metal shack in it, actually. 5 of them, spread around the forest.
At the moment there aren't any "true" buildings, but I will add a few using my walls when I get back to work on it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.