Summoning Ability

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Okay so I've got this summoning problem. I've been able to figure most things out just by messing around, but for some odd reason this is completely beyond me.

I want a summoning ability like Summon Misha from the extra campaign in Frozen Throne. The only problem is, when I cast my ability and I already have a bear summoned, it summons a 2nd bear, not replace the first one. I've tried basing it off other summoning abilities like Phoenix or Summon Wolves, but for the life of me I can't figure it out. All I want is one summoned unit, not 2, not 3, not 20.

Am I missing something very simple here, or will it require some triggering?

LiVam

Reaction score
It depends on which ability you base it off of. Try Feral Spirit.

Try Feral Spirit.

Go through the ability list. There is a section for how many you can summon, don't have the editor on this comp though, but it's there somewhere :)

tommerbob

Reaction score
I've tried using Feral Spirit, Summon Misha, Phoenix, and every other summoning ability I could find in the whole ability editor. None of them worked. When i summon 2 wolves with Feral Spirit, it always summons only 2 wolves, replacing any other wolves already summoned. When I use that same ability to summon 1 bear, it summons 1 bear, and then if I cast it again, it will summon another.

Nothing as worked so far. I'm wondering if its a WE bug.

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Summon Misha is a regular summon, the difference is in the campaign with the Beast Master Rexxar, Bliz has made it so that if you cast Summon Misha and 'Misha' is alive, you can't cast the spell. (Or it removes the first, and spawns a second, I don't remember the exact specifics atm)

They've mixed in triggers into it so that you summon a unit that has no expiration timer, and so that you can't summon more then one of them.

If you look in the .wc3 file of those campaign levels, you should be able to find "Rexxar Abilities", specifically the one dealing with Misha. You can probably copy and paste some stuff.

tommerbob

Reaction score
Thanks for the help Jimpy. Do I need a program to open the Blizz campaign maps? I'm pretty sure they are locked in an mpq file or something in the directory.

Also, why won't it work when I base it off of Feral Spirit? Feral Spirit only lets you cast 2 wolves at a time, replacing any old ones. I would think it would be the same if i just changed the unit(s) to a bear, or whatever else i wanted. Is there a Dependency requirement involved or something?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.