Added alot more doodads
    More balanced I hope
Made by iPeez

ps:

My first melee maps :)

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
Not same pack xD, I'm makeing an other one too. Just realeased some old stuff :p

bananaHUNT

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
On Islands, the map is very empty imo. I can only see trees and terraining. Almost no doodads at all, so it's not really 'alive'. I suggest to put Grassy Dirt tiles on those very small islands, because normal grass doesn't look so good i think. Also some edges of the islands are very choppy/trianglar (?), smoothen it out will look nicer. :D

Gods Temple is alot better. First of all you made lots more doodads, which really lighten the place up. Too bad this is only in the center of the map, i think you should spread it more. Also you place nearly no flowers etc. on the ground itself, but alot of them on the walls.. wierd :p About the positions of Gold Mines etc. i can't really say much, because i don't play alot of Melee games, but they look good. Sometimes there are small mistakes, like the murloc creepcamp in the top of the map, but it is easily fixed. :)

On Temple, i really like the symmetrical look, but it looks empty again. I can only see trees and terrain. Not much doodads and sometimes it looks like a spot for a creepcamp or a tavern or something is left empty. It will be a very cool map when you spice it up a bit i think :D

I think you have a good 'Ancient City' feeling on The City. You have placed more rocks, flowers and other environment bushes. The vertical river in the middle feels not so much like a river. If you ment to make a river give it more turns and watery doodads. If it's a canel you've done a good job, maybe add some more walls at the sides though. Oh and the bottom half is black and dark, i can't see it :p

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
I allready said what I though on the god temple:
  1. Tree set up is awkward, you tun out of trees very soon, so your peasants have to walk out of your base from the start..
  2. More shops! Only fountain sucks, some races need goblin mechant for dust vs orc and NE, and goblin shop for goblin shredder is good for many people to, as well as taveran.. I dont like maps with little amounts of shops..
  3. Building base area wasn't too great, you should be able to build a wall to keep peasants around at the start with barracks, alter, and 2 farms, it was impossible to make a wall, much less keep peasants in it since they had to go far away to get lumber.. o.0
  4. Green creeps were pretty hard, and there didn't seem to be enough of them...
  5. For a computer/AI, at his expansion, he didn't have room for a main, so he had to build it farther away and trail his peons.
The trees didn't look good crammed like that, And I could creep the goldmine creep with my level 1 hero really easy.. It needs to be harder to creep. Probably 4 or 5 out of 10, maybe.. I really didn't like it as a melee map very much.

Islands:
There wasnt nearly enough room, and way too little trees to harvest.
On some of the islands in some places, the ground is too sharp.
Less then 5 mins in creeps invaded my base. Creeps should not be so close and agressive.
A few mins later, a ORANGE creep camp invaded my base too.
There was really nothing that made the map interesting at all. Just some trees, and not enough at the bases too.
Ehh... It really needs to be fixed and theres nothing making it good. 2.5 or 3 out of 10 at the most.. :(... Fix the buggs with creeps and lack of tree's and it might be better.

Temple:
You have the cramped base set up, and I don't really like those trees..
Generally, having to short and small ramps going in to a cramped base is a bad idea, You turtle them in so they can't get out and cramp them up... You put the town hall right next to the ramp making it really vunerable to attack, too. 4.5 or 5 out of ten I guess. You need to use way more differnt kinds of doodads though...

The City
The creeps started attacking RIGHT at the start of the game, to both me AND my allies, before I even told them to harvest gold! They constantly attacked, giving me no rest, before a got anything to fight them with. There was no room to build by barracks were it would be walled off from creeps, so I had to build it out in the open, were the creeps killed my peasant. On top of that, the enemy was right next to me with only a FEW trees between us, so I soon harvested into his base. Wise. Meanwhile, my computer ally's had no room for buildings so they had to wall themselves in, and the builds got killed by creeps afew times. Besides that, the map was SMALLER then some 1vs1 maps, wall to small for 3vs3.
2 out of 10? I don't know, the terrain was ok on this anyways! :)

Sorry for the harsh ratings, but these aren't very good... :( The shape of some of them were good, and The God temple one was ok. They need work though.

Other very bad thing, most creeps didn't drop items.

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
They aren't that bad. you just need to practice, and make more doodads PLEASE :D. one of them (cant remember name) had great terrain and doodad. But you gotta try and make more doodads while still keeping the map playable :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.