Super Smash Bros.

Technomancer

Reaction score
This would be a helluva fun programming project! Anyone want to help out? We could start out with just the 64 version characters, and later include the melee characters if we wanted. (no debates on which is better lol plz)

Awesome stuff to include:
- Percentage based damage and knockback system!
- Jumps (single and double jumps!)
- AWESOME ABILITIES
***DK's Charge Punch!
***PK Thunder!!!!!!!
***Link's Boomerang and Bombs
***Projectiles!
- ALL Smashes, Tilts, Jabs and B moves for EVERY character (use items to switch between attack types!)
- Knock-off-the-stage-KO system and RECOVERY!
- Aerials with Height Thresholds!!!!!!!!!!!

Could be the sickest map ever.

To Do:
1) Implement the damage system. All characters will start with 1HP, and will scale up to 999HP. Attacks will heal the target for the amount of damage they do. Stale moves... well that won't be in.
2) Create a base character template based on Mario, using a Footie for now, that is MODULAR and can have new moves easily incorporated into it by simply replacing function variables in the character. That way, individual programmers can work on a specific move, and then post it to the project without causing conflicts.
We'll use items that can be selected to find and replace the hotkeys between A moves, B moves, Smashes, and Jump Attacks.
3) Create a HitBox system.
For this I would suggest using an array or parallel array that gets checked through on a low countdown timer, gets a unit within range of the hitbox and applies damage and knockback, to avoid using group functions (might be slower).

Hitbox object should be a struct that has an x, y, and radius.

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score

Ok, exaggerated. Very hard with a medium-high skill.

Not high as in Ghan or Ace, high as in normal people around here, who aren't amazing with WE.

So is this round 2, Uareanoob? :p

How much have you palyed SSB? Its sick. To make ALL the smash moves, jabs, and such, for 8 characters would probably take even Ace a while. Tons of things. All is a strong word

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score

Not high as in Ghan or Ace, high as in normal people around here, who aren't amazing with WE.

How much have you palyed SSB? Its sick. To make ALL the smash moves, jabs, and such, for 8 characters would probably take even Ace a while. Tons of things. All is a strong word

Heads up Ghan is not highly skilled with the editor neither am I but you shouldn't worship him as if he was. And yes I have played SSB. This doesn't require that much skill you just need a basic attack.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I wonder if you can actually re-create the smash system used in smashbros into warcraft 3.

Peon : oh no, I have 400%
Footman: GG

*Footmen punches Peon and makes him fly out of the map lol!* :p

Technomancer

Reaction score

I'm one of the better SSBM players in the country.

And I assure you, it can be done, now who wants in? I'm off to start organizing a list of tasks on the main page.

Mr.Tutorial

Hard in the Paint.
Reaction score
I wonder if you can actually re-create the smash system used in smashbros into warcraft 3.

Peon : oh no, I have 400%
Footman: GG

*Footmen punches Peon and makes him fly out of the map lol!*

All we can do is wonder :rolleyes: ;)

Can't wait to see this map completed, will be interested to see how it is going to be created.

I'm one of the better SSBM players in the country.

Haha keep dreaming... :)

W

Warlord43

i think this map will be awesome, and if you need help, just ask

Frozenwind

System maker
Reaction score
Lol, that ain't so hard in fact.
Jump is just change flying height and let a loop run to check wether your flying height is high enough to fall down again.
About hitting such a box (above your head I guess?),
then you just pick every unit nearby your hero of type box and check wether your flying height is equal to his - (Depending on your unit height of course) some value.

frozenwind.

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Sounds cool. I cant trigger, but i could make you like a mario skin or DK or link. I can terrain and balance pretty good too.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.