World Sweden: Man arrested for 'kidnapping' his own son

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
A father has been arrested after his neighbours didn’t recognise him with a new beard and accused him of kidnapping his own son.

Swedish dad Torkel Kristoffers recently grew a beard to replace his normally clean shaven look. The 39 year old father was playing outside with his two year old son, Axel, when the boy asked to be carried in a grocery bag.

Torkel agreed and swung Axel in his canvass bag, to the toddler's delight.

However, a concerned neighbour spotted Axel being placed in the grocery bag by Torkel and failed to recognise the father with his new beard.

They phoned the police who raided his home and arrested him on suspicion of kidnapping his own child.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueMirage

Trust, but doubt.
Reaction score
Going to copy this from a post on the linked website.
---
This article is wrong on almost every single point, apart from that there was a kid who wanted to be carried in a bag.

There was no "raid", there was no "arrest". It was not even the home of the man himself, but of his friend (who is a neighbour).
The true story from Swedish newspaper: http://www.dn.se/sthlm/barn-lag-i-kasse-granne-larmade-polisen/[1]
Man with a new beard picks up his kids from day-care, and bring them to visit his neighbour. The kid asks to be carried in a bag from the car to the door of the friend they are planning to visit.
Another neighbour sees a man that they do not recognize, walking in on a neighbours plot, carring a child in a bag. Believe this is decidedly odd, and call the police.
Police show up, knock on the door, ask what is going on. Get this story told to them, have a bit of a laugh, says thank you very much and go back on their business.
Everyone involved agrees that it was a good thing the neighbour did (I assume that these people all know each other, and look out for each others houses). No harm done, except for possibly some wasted time for the police men when they could have been eating donuts.
---
I confirmed this myself by reading the Swedish article he provided.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I prefer toms version, its more news like; yours is boring.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
---
This article is wrong on almost every single point, apart from that there was a kid who wanted to be carried in a bag.

There was no "raid", there was no "arrest". It was not even the home of the man himself, but of his friend (who is a neighbour).
The true story from Swedish newspaper: http://www.dn.se/sthlm/barn-lag-i-kasse-granne-larmade-polisen/[1]
Man with a new beard picks up his kids from day-care, and bring them to visit his neighbour. The kid asks to be carried in a bag from the car to the door of the friend they are planning to visit.
Another neighbour sees a man that they do not recognize, walking in on a neighbours plot, carring a child in a bag. Believe this is decidedly odd, and call the police.
Police show up, knock on the door, ask what is going on. Get this story told to them, have a bit of a laugh, says thank you very much and go back on their business.
Everyone involved agrees that it was a good thing the neighbour did (I assume that these people all know each other, and look out for each others houses). No harm done, except for possibly some wasted time for the police men when they could have been eating donuts.
---
Does it really matter? I mean, in the end, I don't feel like either article is particularly informative or a provision of use to the general public.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
---

---

I guess I missed that post. Thanks.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.