World Swept to his death, the boy who told rescuers to 'save my brother first'

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A teenage boy who put his brother's life before his own was one of the 12 people confirmed to have died in the floods.

Jordan Rice, 13, was killed in the city of Toowoomba, 80 miles west of Brisbane, as his family car was swamped. The teenager had insisted that rescuers take his 10-year-old brother, Blake, first. Seconds later, Jordan and his mother Donna, 43, were swept away.

"I had the boy [Blake] in one hand, the rope in the other. I wasn't going to let go but then the torrent came through and was pulling us down," said Warren McEr_lean, a rescue worker. "Then this great big tall fellow just came out of nowhere, bear hugged us and ripped us out of the water. When I got back [carrying Blake], I turned … the rope snapped and the car just flipped."

"Jordan was swept off," said John Tyson, 46, Ms Rice's partner of 30 years and Jordan's father. "As soon as he went, Donna just let go, you know, trying to clutch at Jordan. The poor little boy, they just both drowned.''

He added: "He [the rescue worker] went to grab Jordan first, who said, 'Save my brother'. I can only imagine the fear coursing through his body.

"He won't go down with any fanfare or anything like that – I don't think anyone will even wear a black armband for him – but he's just the champion of all champions, a family hero."

Last edited by a moderator:

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
It's going crazy over there. It's so sudden. Hope everything goes fine soon.
Have a number of friends and lecturers there. Pray they're doing ok.

Damn.

xPass

All aboard the xPass Express!
Reaction score
Oh my... That's brave... And... HE DESERVES SOMETHING!!!

KillerChi

Reaction score
You know why I hate society? Because douchebags at the Emmys and Oscars are endazzled in awards and admired and stuff, while people rarely do. Tell me, who's more selfless? 99% of the people at the Emmys or this boy?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> Tell me, who's more selfless? 99% of the people at the Emmys or this boy?
I don't think anybody is more selfless than this boy. Giving up your life for somebody else is quite literally the most selfless action possible.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.