switching sides and restarting map

ajzdfd

Reaction score
say i have a game where players 1 and 2 are the defending team and 3 and 4 are the attacking team. I want to know how to switch the teams aftr the game is over and restarts.

So player 1 would become player 4 and player 2 would become player 3. and then the whole map would restart with these new player settings.

is this possible?

WilliamPa

Reaction score
Very possible, easiest way would be to use variables for settings and resetting them on startup/reset

asipo

Reaction score
Switch side solution : I dont understand the case pretty well but here it is

Have 4 player rite?
Player 1 and 2 is defender
Player 3 and 4 is attacker
You need to create a new temporary player for this

Create a trigger, select all unit from player 1, and change it into player 5
Select all unit from player 3, change it into player 1
Select all unit from player 5, change it into player 3

Same goes to the player 2 and 4...
If you want the building only, then the selection must only select all building cos the above solution is for all unit including hero :D

This restart thing need to know alot of thing actually. More info is needed.

ajzdfd

Reaction score
thanks. But i think cause the only units for each player i have are the starting positions i think it would be easier to just move the starting positions and keep the colors. I know how i would switch the starting positions i just dont know how to restart the map at a certain point in time

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
I think the BEST way to do so is if you make the game "Reload" the same map, whilst loading a game cache which is a toggled "Boolean Variable".

N2o)

Retired.
Reaction score
Easiest way I could see is to have 1 Map Initiation Trigger where everything you need to do at the start and only do once is put in this trigger. This trigger wouldn't be ran again. Then everything else you that starts the game and will needed in the restart in a seperate Map Init, so you can run it again. Then create 4 Players variables: AttackingPlayer1, DefendingPlayer1, etc, And set the players different each time, then change every trigger accordingly. Is pretty simple this way, except if you've got alot of triggers, these will take alot of time to change.

ajzdfd

Reaction score
the problem is i have ALOT of player specific triggers and im not going to go through them all and change them. this might not work...

LordXavier

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I think the BEST way to do so is if you make the game "Reload" the same map, whilst loading a game cache which is a toggled "Boolean Variable".

I believe that game cache's are only for single player.
You could try a trigger that selects all units owned by each player, then changes the ownership of them. Example (if you have teams of 4v4) - Red(1)'s units become Yellow(5)'s and Blue(2)'s units become Orange(6)'s

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
But the playes slots will not change still hav the same start loc

LordXavier

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
you could put a camera on each start location and just move the players to the right camera at the beginning
Trigger:
  • Camera Thingy
    • Actions
      • Camera - Apply Camera 001 <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 0.00 seconds

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.