System Talkative! Chat System

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> Now I'm going to update it just to spite you.
Go ahead. Then I'll move it back to the T&R Forum. (And possibly approve it)

lbebusiness

Reaction score
Floating text...feature

That would be cool... maybe you could intergrate floating text that appears over selected units when the messege is typed? (and follows the unit)
If you are willing to add that to your system (it would be PERFECT for my map then (instead of having 2 systems!)) I have the GUI mixed with jass setup that makes the floating text follow a specific unit...I plan on updating it to make it modular so I dont have to hardcode the units into it and just make it so what ever unit I have selected at the time will have the text apear above it...what if you dont have any unit selected? or a building? hmmm... don't show anything or just pick the highest unit belonging to that player?

Just food for though if you want to add it... I'll try to set it all up in GUI/jass and then you can make it all jass and efficient.l

quraji

zap
Reaction score
Actually that feature is already in that code. If you see one of the first lines of code involves a player unit or whatever. You need to set that variable to the player's unit, then use "!u lolchat" to display "lolchat" over your unit (requires a minimal amount of JASS knowledge).

I should get around to updating this when I reinstall WC3, today or tomorrow maybe.

lbebusiness

Reaction score
jass equivalent

what is the jass equivalent of something to the effect of 'get_units_selected_by_player_x ? thay way I can use that instead of hard coding units. Wont work if units are spawned....

lbebusiness

Reaction score
K. I have found a Very featured use for your code.

Setup:
Map with built in name spoofer (yes it works)
Save code system that uses playernames for verification.

Problem:
Anyone can use your code if they spoof your name.

Fix
Modify save code to use a password provided by user instead of player name

Problem:
Anyone can see what you return the the savecode function as your password

Fix:
Disable builtin in-game chat and:
Use your Talkative system to replace in-game chat and enable hiding of said password with ... lets say "-pass " prefix.

let me know what you think?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.