Tank game

Jesepi

Reaction score
Help ME plzzzz

hay guys, i need a bit of help.

i have a tank that can load units into it, and i want to make the tank only moveable when there it a curtain unit loaded, eg. driver.
any ideas on how i could do this???

Kelvin87

Reaction score
If only 1 tank for each player, I can suggest you this:
you can give Unholy Aura with -ve value of 100% (shift+enter to make -ve value in object editor) for movement speed for the tank. the trigger is like below:
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Is loaded into a transport
    • Conditions
      • ((Loading unit) is A ground unit) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Player - Disable Unholy Aura for (Owner of (Loading unit))

Jesepi

Reaction score
aura

put the unholly aura on the tank?? and get rid of the aura art work, is that wat you saying.?
unholly aura increase movment speed, not slows.. if it was on 100% it wold move 100% faster

asipo

Reaction score
He saiy to put -100% = reduce movement speed by 100%

Or you can simply pause the tank unless there is a driver
Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Unit - Pause (Triggering unit)

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
Better yet, use the mount hippogriff/pick up archer ability. Your tank will have no movement, and when you use the ability, the driver enters the tank and the produced unit would be a tank identical to the first one, except with a move speed.

Kelvin87

Reaction score
Better yet, use the mount hippogriff/pick up archer ability. Your tank will have no movement, and when you use the ability, the driver enters the tank and the produced unit would be a tank identical to the first one, except with a move speed.

Nice suggestion. +rep

Jesepi

Reaction score
i have paused the tank, and that all works but, because the tank is paused it cannot load any units. all its abilitys/moves are blank?

(If only 1 tank for each player, I can suggest you this:
you can give Unholy Aura with -ve value of 100% (shift+enter to make -ve value in object editor) for movement speed for the tank. the trigger is like below:
)

i've tryed putting in -100% and ingame it mooves -10% any clues.

the hippogriff/pick up archer ability, how will my tank have no movment if it was paused, same problem as be4. i dont no..

asipo

Reaction score
If there is a tank named "TankABC"
You need to create 2 unique TankABC.

The first tankABC cant attack and cant move (no driver)
The second tankABC can attack and move (has driver)

Then use the Genkora idea which is the mount hippogriff ability

Is this going to work?

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
the hippogriff/pick up archer ability, how will my tank have no movment if it was paused, same problem as be4. i dont no..

I don't think you understand. With the archer pick up ability you don't need to pause it.

You will have three units total:

1. your driver

2. your tank that has no movement

3. Another tank (a different one from number 2) that has movement

the ability pick up archer/mount hippogriff makes 1+2=3.

You have to make sure that your driver has mount hippogriff and you must make sure the tank has pick up archer, or vice versa. It won't work if only one of them has the ability.

To dismount you use the dismount hippogriff ability. Change the CD, whatever. It will work, I guarantee it. Just make sure you remove the tech requirement.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.