Tavern Teleport (DotA) and Text Scripting Help

CroMoX

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry to be such a nuisance, but could you please help me with these two problems I've been having. Could you tell me the scripting to these problems;

1. In DotA when you pick a champion it summons the champion away from the tavern. For example if I pick Demon Hunter, from the Tavern, he gets teleported to the area. Can you please show me how you do the scripting for this?

2. Also I've been having trouble with the text. When I enter a region I want it to come up with "You have entered The Sea Fortress". Only problem is when I try this it sends it to every person in the game. Can you tell me the scripting of this where a message (You have entered The Sea Fortress) is sent to the player that walks into a region, not to everyone at once.

Thanks for your time.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
1 is easy:
Trigger:
  • Move units on purchase
    • Events
      • A unit enters the playable map area
    • Conditions
      • BooleanVariable[Player Number of owner of (Triggering unit)] is equal to true (BooleanVariable is a... boolean variable with the array checked)
    • Actions
      • Set BooleanVariable = False
      • Set Temp_Point = Center of (Region you want them to move to) (Temp_Point is a point variable, i am using it to avoid leaks, just copy this for now, you will understand leaks when you get more advanced)
      • Unit - Move unit instantly to Temp_Point facing Default Building Facing degrees
      • Custom Script: call RemoveLocation Temp_Point

now displaying text to a specific unit owner is harder, this is more important to follow EXACTLY what i do because this will kick people if you do it wrong:

Trigger:
  • Single players text
    • Events
      • A unit enters (your region)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set StringVariable = Text you want displayed to the owner of the triggering unit (StringVariable is a string variable used to save a temporary string or text, it does not have array checked)
      • CustomScript: if GetLocalPlayer() == GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()) then
      • Game - Display game text that reads StringVariable for X seconds (x is however many seconds you want)
      • CustomScript: endif

Custom Scripts are CASE SENSITIVE

CroMoX

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, was good. I'm not that great with triggers, so thanks for your help and there doesn't seem to be any problems as of so far.

Thanks a million.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.