Techtree Requirements Levels question

Kahiera

Reaction score
for abilities, it has an option called techtree requirements levels and techtree requirements. i was wondering how it works. and if how i think it works is correct, then is this what i could do?: i have an ability that levels in a nonlinear fashion. could i create a unit with no model, no visibility on the map in an area that isn't used, and when the hero levels, i increase the level of the unit to my hero's level. on my spell, i have the techtree requirements be the unit-type and the techtree requirements levels be the integers of the levels that i want the ability to level? ex:
my ability needs lets say, 2,4,8,16 levels
for techtree requirements i have 'level unit'
for techtree requirements levels i have 2,4,8,16

does this work? or is there a better/easier way to do this?

Kelvin87

Reaction score
No, the Warcraft III techtree system isn't work as you thought. If you want to use "invisible unit" as your techtree, you should make different invisible units to enable different single level of the abilities.

You type the cheat "whoisjohngalt", you will wonder what I meant. even the techtree system is disabled, but the abilities still lying on the present of the required "invisible units".

Kahiera

Reaction score
ok i dont quite understand, what exactly do i need to do? all i understand is have 1 different 'invisible unit' for each level

Kahiera

Reaction score
so what do i do in the ability screen?
techtree requirements: level1, level2, level3, level4, level5, level6, level7, level8, level9,
techtree requirements levels: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,
or what?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.