Telescope Ability Help

wingdnosring

Reaction score
I know nothing about JASS and I'm having some trouble with this telescope ability..-_-. I've looked into some of the basic tutorials, but I can't do anything as advanced as this (I don't really know if this requires advanced JASS or not):p.

1. It's really jerky and doesn't seem to rotate around the unit properly.

2. I've used the 'scope' fade filter, to make it look like you are looking through a telescope. But fade filters are for every player. If player 1 uses the telescope ability all of the players see the filter.

3. If a player selects another unit while in 'scope' mode the camera gets kind of screwed up.

Here's the map in case you want to look at my GUI version of the trigger, to get a rough idea of what I want (It's in the Item Ability category). Please don't comment on the map or steal it. I've been working on and off this project for a LONG time. It was my first map ever, and I keep going back to it as I get better at map making .

I had this post in the World Editor help zone and somebody told me to post it here.

If you wish to test the telescope ability, you must use the tester unit (the one surounded by tomes at the beginning) and pick up and use the telescope. After doing this you should have an ability called 'telescope'.

Thank you for your time,
-wingdnosring-

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.