TempPoint Collisions?

CixxyZ

Reaction score
Just wondering if TempPoint (used to remove leaks) collisions will happen in a map full of them. I've had my share of collisions when I've had wait triggers in Integer A Loops along with TempPoints. Though it was fixed with a TempPoint setting within the For A Integer Loop.

thoughts?

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
It will, if you use waits between the setting of the Temp_Point, and the cleaning up of it. -In that cause, it will cause a Point leak, and something will most likely bug (A unit might spawn at a weird location, etc.)

EDIT: If you don't use waits, it won't collide. ^^
Using local variables is awesome, btw.

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
it shouldn't... depending on what you mean by collision... when you set TempPoint, its just a part of the memory, not like a doodad on the map where collision my occur...

as long as you remove the points after using them, you shouldn't worry about extra memory usage, or units colliding with TempPoint...

CixxyZ

Reaction score
ok thanks. i was just confirming what you guys said. What's local variables exide?

Exide

Reaction score
Local variables are variables that only run in the 'function' (let's call it 'Trigger', to put it simple) which it is created in.
-So that means you can have a trigger that runs a lot of times every second, with waits, and still use the "same" variable - without risking to overwrite it or cause any leaks.

CixxyZ

Reaction score
Oh ok I researched it and I guess you need to know JASS for it. Good solution around it though.

Exide

Reaction score
Yes, knowing JASS makes lots of things easier. :)
However, you can use Global/Locals using Custom Scripts, but I don't recommend it. It's silly and doesn't work. ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.