Terraining Lakes Help

stavious

Reaction score
I read the Lake Terraining tutorial and I've seen a lot of people doing the smooth water technique. The thing is it doesn't work for me when I try it. What am I doing wrong?
This is what I'm doing: I put in a large area of shallow water, then raise it all back up by one, so it's back to being the same level height as the rest of the ground. Then I take a large brush and lower everything. Only when I lower I never see any water, the ground just looks like a bowl, but it's empty of water :( . What's wrong with what I'm doing?

Lord_Kakashi

The Wabbits are attacking
Reaction score
When i do this technique i always make the entire map Deep water from start and then use the "raise" tool, not the cliff raise tool!!

then i use that platou or whatever its called to make all the terrain the same height just a little above water surface, then when i want water somewhere i simply lower the terrain. (again not the cliff tool)

stavious

Reaction score
Thanx :D . But this isn't what is used in the toturial right?
I want to use that technique. What's the difference between what I'm doing and what is written?

Lord_Kakashi

The Wabbits are attacking
Reaction score
Nothing i guess?

that other method never seems to work for me either, so i do it the other way instead :)

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
in the advanced menu, you have to set adjust waterlevels or something like that on (sorry don't have WE in front of me) that helped for me

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.