Terraining

Ormagon

Reaction score
i need a way to use larderon summer base tileset and a way to creat temple walls to go with the various dungeons that need to be complted is there any way for this to happen???

Squishy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Go to Advanced>Modify Tileset. I think that'll do what you want.

Ormagon

Reaction score
yes ok but i cannot make walls with tiles thought i need a cliff like doodad or something the flooring is easy the walls is wat i need tho

Tharius

Occasionally Around
Reaction score
If you're talking about using the actual terrain cliffs as walls, then you need to change the base tileset to one that has wall-type cliffs, such as Cityscape or Dalaran. You can then change some of the rest of the tiles to the Lordaeron Summer tiles - although you won't be able to change the two cliff tiles, which are usually one wall-type and one natural-type.

In general, though, the terrain cliffs are both incredibly cumbersome and look rather out-of-place, and the wall cliffs are no exception. If you can use the wall doodads and make them look decent, I'd suggest that instead.

Ormagon

Reaction score
ok ill go wit wall doodads i guess seems like i have no choice i cant go dalara or wtv base tileset because it is an rpg map i need both grassy cliff and dirt cliff /cry WE u have beaten me again!

Tharius

Occasionally Around
Reaction score
You could also have a non-cliff grass and dirt tile, and use raise/lower terrain to make walls of grass and dirt.... They won't be perfectly vertical, and you'd have to place pathing blockers to prevent units from walking up them, but in my (and, I think, most people's) opinion, they look better than the standard grass/dirt cliffs, especially the Lordaeron Summer ones.

Sajberhippie

Reaction score
ok ill go wit wall doodads i guess seems like i have no choice i cant go dalara or wtv base tileset because it is an rpg map i need both grassy cliff and dirt cliff /cry WE u have beaten me again!

Actually, I think most people who makes RPG's and that kind of maps try NOT to use cliff tiles, at least not natural ones. There are other tools for making cliffs that look better. Try using the heighten and lower tools, or whatever their name is. That, together with normal tiles, can look great.

UnHolyFox198

Reaction score
Hey the best way for you do get custom tiles is to use World Editor Unlimited. I use it all the time for my maps, and what it does is it lets you pick up to 15 tiles(I believe) and they can be from any tileset.
LINK-http://www.wc3campaigns.net/tools/weu/index.html
PS: it also has awesome features like more triggers!

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Hey the best way for you do get custom tiles is to use World Editor Unlimited. I use it all the time for my maps, and what it does is it lets you pick up to 15 tiles(I believe) and they can be from any tileset.
LINK-http://www.wc3campaigns.net/tools/weu/index.html
PS: it also has awesome features like more triggers!
Use JASSNewGen!

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Use doodads! Cliffs are for noobs and have huge pathing issues so you can't make thin tunnels! (and you can't stack them high like doodads). Just download some wall-like doodads from Hive or something, I'm sure you can find some.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.