RPG Terra's Decimation

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Ah.. Got to thinking... Should I do this?

Possible Limitation: One type of hero per game. Ie: A hero can only be picked once, it is removed from the game once picked.

megma

Reaction score
Mmm... personally I say yes to the limitations. But here's the question that needs to be answered, is it going to be an Open rpg, or a normal rpg? (Most of the normal rpgs I've seen, have only 1 character of each class) which makes it kind of balanced in my opinion. cus then, you don't have like 1 warrior and 7 healers >.<

Renendaru

Reaction score
It's going to be mixed, the story sort of changes depending on your actions. It's a normal RPG, but it CAN be played as an ORPG.

megma

Reaction score
Mmm... well, mmm.......... ... .... .... I still vote for limitations >.< XD

[edit] Oh and your avatar is that lil guy from sonic advernture 2 battle??

Shadow

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Horrible terraining? I thought it was pretty good =)
hehe
Would the name "Terra" have anything to do with Final Fantasy's Terra? (Like just a reference to the name?)

I'm such a nerd...
Anyway, hope this map turns out to be a big hit!

FFVI was my favorite hence my name :thup:

Renendaru

Reaction score
Update again. Working on a little demo to show the intricacies behind the RPG.

Levdragon

Reaction score
Renedaru,

I can help you out with the terrain if you wish, send me a copy of your map and I'll get to it. Have you already made the towns/major locations on the map? Or would you like me to do that.

On another note I can help you out with the storyline if you want, give you names of towns/places and basic storyline details :) I love demonic type lore so I could help you with the lesser plains storyline if you want?

Just post in the thread if you wanna accept my offer/offers

Renendaru

Reaction score
Mmmm... No solid terrain is done, not much of a conceptual layout either. I only have a tiny forest meant solely for the demo.

Levdragon

Reaction score
ok thats fine, just send me the map and ill make the terrain on it. Am i allowed to DL new models/skins to make terrain look better or not?

Renendaru

Reaction score
It's basically these guidelines, but the starting point must be a forest, have room for 7 heroes around a campfire, and use the Omnilight model in the UTM for lighting effects near light sources.

Units is the amount of distance traveled in wc3 form? I call it units anyway. For the map bounds, it'd be a different format, guess that was the wrong word to use.

As for the theme.. Just go with an earthen style with 5 towns in strategic locations which look fortified, as they're fighting the Demons at this point. If it looked too laid-back... It wouldn't fit at all. It also needs one point which looks demonic/corrupted.

Well, as in Earthen I mean Forests and such. Earth > Earthen? The towns' locations would be in strategic location, ie: near rivers, on hills, on mountains, etc. The towns should be small-ish, the first town and the Capital, where the king is, are the biggest. The Demonic location would be just about the same size as the capital, and a portal of some sort at the end of the Area.

For the forests, it'd be great if they started out felwood then slowly progressed to ashenvale. As for locations of stuff, that's entirely up to you. For the sizes, just wing it.

Levdragon

Reaction score
So do you want me to start a new map and make the terrian there? Or do you already have a map with the triggers/layouts?

Renendaru

Reaction score
I have a map with the triggers, but no terrain. So just start a new map and I'll import the terrain to my map.

Renendaru

Reaction score
Bump, expect a big update.

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Can't wait till the demo comes out :D

Come to think of it, who cares about the demo, can't wait till the full comes out;)
(Will still play the demo though)

Tell me if you need help with anything except terraining. Though I really suck at terraining, i'm getting better.

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
I am looking forward to see all those systems in work. :)

And so can't wait first version.. ;)

Renendaru

Reaction score
Well, the demo will include 5 playable heroes if I remember right, well 4 technically. One will be accessed through an easter egg.

Renendaru

Reaction score
Ok, here's the big update. I have the demo done, but not on the right computer. But, I have finished 5 heroes as of now. I might supply her details if someone asks.

Edit: A new screenshot is up. This is from a day ago, as I forgot to upload this. But, this only shows the terrain, I turned off the other stuff to strictly show terrain.

Renendaru

Reaction score
Asking...

Well, she is a Harpy, albeit a dps one. So as to not spoil anything here is her passive.

Alacritic Strike:
Every 3rd strike the Harpy will attack twice, attack modifiers and damage modifiers will trigger, but spell modifiers will be at 25% strength, criticals will work at 250%.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.