Text thing

T

Tristian

In the Grand Prixx map, when you choose your vechile it gives a summary of it and the rider, how can i do that and have it consume the whole screen?

The text just flows up the screen and fades away when it hits a certain point.

Rad

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean havent played that but twice. Sounds like floating text, use the fading age to make it "float up and fade out". You still need to set a lifespan so it disappears and also make sure its not permanent (or it wont fade correctly)

T

Tristian

well, i tried it, didn't work for some reason.

Code:
Text Start
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 5.00 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Cinematic - Fade out over 0.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
        Floating Text - Create floating text that reads   January 3rd, 1952... at (Target of current camera view) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 12.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
        Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
        Floating Text - Change permanent state of (Last created floating text) to Disable
        Floating Text - Show (Last created floating text) for (All players)

Don't laugh because i hate floating text, you can never postion it right. Thats one of the tings i need help with. How can i get it to stay in the middle of the screen and flow up and stay in the same area on the screen.

zyzfcs

Reaction score
y dont u use
Code:
Game - Display to (All players) the text: ...
and
Code:
Cinematic - Fade out and back in over 2.00 seconds using texture White Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
will not affect the result

T

Tristian

I agree, and the floating text actions include a action that makes the text move in a certian direction with a speed that you specify so floating text i think is the one. Just gotta test it out.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
zyzfcs said:
y dont u use
Code:
Game - Display to (All players) the text: ...
and
Code:
Cinematic - Fade out and back in over 2.00 seconds using texture White Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
will not affect the result

That will display it to all players... thats why he doesnt use it :eek:

T

Trotim

DDRtists said:
That will display it to all players... thats why he doesnt use it :eek:
Grawr! But it's sooo easy changing it to a single player, simply use "convert player to a player group" or what it's called.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.