The Classic "Something wrong with EGUI"

retupmoc258

Reaction score
So, I'm guessing the likely problem is that I tried to manually install EGUI and then removed it, and then added it the "proper" way. I was told to put the UI in my program files/Warcraft III/ (except my computer has the folder as "program files (x86)", and I don't know if that messes everything up right there) and make sure it had the three text files. I have 4 (the fourth one is Misc). So that doesn't fit with the EGUI installation thread. I've looked in my 3 copies of UI inside of the folder (one in a folder inside of itself, another with old data, and a zip file in the first UI folder with the UI folder in it and those text files. Oi, what on earth do you need that many copies of the same thing inside of itself?

Well, not only that, but in running the installer, I now have NewGen with EGUI (that's what it says) and I put in those triggers to my map, and it complains about 50 different things (mostly dealing with the hashtable). Meanwhile, there's still 4 text files in my UI, I don't know which of the other 3 sets I'm supposed to copy if those ones go wrong (since they're mostly the same or all different, I can't tell), I have the .lua file in my Warcraft 3 directory, and that was the file that's supposed to be merged for UnitProperties, but how does my map know where it is? That's the interesting question, because it doesn't list anything in the ObjectMerger command. I don't know if that worked, because it complains about everything else. I can deactivate all the optional stuff, and I think I actually get more errors that way . .

And all this time, my map works fine with regular triggers and trying to use EGUI is giving me a headache. Like this: :banghead:

lol. I'm not really angry, just confused to death. My map is safe, but . . . I'd like to use this, if I could figure out what's wrong. Vista computer, installed WEU, uninstalled it, removed everything, installed NewGen, edited my map in NewGen (after regular WE 1.24), and then added EGUI manually, tried to save my map, it failed badly, removed it, installed it with the installer, moved the UI folder (and all 3 subfolders inside it) to my Warcraft III directory, restarted NewGen (at least a dozen times since I installed it, moved those files, and tried adding the EGUI folder), added the folder to the file (I have not used any EGUI triggers, or anything related to NewGen or UMSWE--just basic World Editor triggers), tried to save and it came up with the same errors as before, or similar anyway, and I still can't get it to work. I don't know why. Unless I've somehow terribly screwed something up, basically it keeps saying that my map triggers, or whatever, are trying to use functions that aren't defined, or exist (even though I've seen their codes written out in the trigger files). Any questions, suggestions, concerns . . . I'm open for anything. I can still use my map, with or without EGUI. But if I can't use it, I need to know.

retupmoc258

Reaction score
And get lost with everything else?

So, added news, I've made a brand new map in EGUI World Editor, added the trigs, tried to save, same errors. I can't even open the EGUI map and save it without it having problems . . . something is not right.

retupmoc258

Reaction score
So, to anybody who has looked up my forum while doing searches, I have found the solution to the problem I was having (which I'm guessing most others did not have). I was running an older version of Warcraft III (and World Editor because of that), and EGUI uses features that were not available until later. I was using the older version because I knew I could use a CD crack for that. AS it turns out that is no longer necessary in the latest versions (sure wish I knew that). Once I upgraded to the latest version of Warcraft, the problem disappeared. EGUI works (though seems kind of buggy with widgets).

dudeim

Reaction score
You could try to reinstal newgen and otherwise try reinstalling wc3 it worked for me. As I couldn't save vjass, but then I reinstalled wc3 and I could so try that.

retupmoc258

Reaction score
Well, as it turned out the real problem was that World Editor was not as up to date as it needed to be. I had an older version so that I could use a crack so I could run the programs without needing the CD. I decided I'd try upgrading to the latest version and see if it fixed the problem and then was pleasantly suprised to find that the CD was no longer required, either. Quite a happy surprise :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.