Video The Cowbell Theory

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
This is a new theory I've come into, it's the direct relation of Cowbell to how awesome a song is, better known as "The Cowbell Theory" or CT, for short. Over the years there has been a steady decrease in the use of cowbell in songs, and as such music has steadily declined. We will take a look at music and see where things change. lets start by looking back... 34 years ago...

dead video removed

Notice the gratuitous amount of cowbell? Did you also notice how great that song is? Ahh, but alas we can't stop there, we must dwell further to uncover the truth of CT. Let's take a look at something a little more modern.

hmm, yes, take a break, wipe that bile taste from your mouth, we'll wait...

Now that you've returned I'm sure amongst all that you've noticed something, besides the tween pop-star going after a girl twice his age (why is he in a laundry mat anyway? shouldn't he be in school?). There was a distinct lack of cowbell, and gratuitous amounts of suck... hmm... further research must be done.

Now I'm sure some of you are saying to yourselves, "Whoa there Bartuc, your theory seems a little stacked, you can't measure a classic against something as inferior as Bieber." Maybe you're right, so here's something from my era...

Ring true... ring loud... ring for freedom cowbell!

Again, gratuitous amounts of cowbell, hand-in-hand with large quantities of amazing.

With this I conclude my theories on Cowbell. Remember, don't let the cowbell die, let it ring for eternity!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
God said:
Two mediocre songs that have cowbell = undeniable theory of the universe.

Best song ever, according to God that is.
[youtube]X2hCJa3TJbs[/youtube]

Bartuc08

Reaction score
ahh... Beautiful music to my ears.

Maybe if you can find evidence against my claims I might take them a little more serious.... better luck next time.

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
I hope you're not serious lol

While the odd nature of subject matter may appear not serious Zakyath, that is part of the issue. People do not take cowbells seriously.

Take this case study for example that I've put together. Its quite explicit the positive effects the sound of cowbells can have upon a song.

Note how the cowbell solo is rather interesting a listen:
Cowbell Solo

Now if we listen to the same solo without cowbell, the pleasing quality of the sound diminishes near exponentially. If you listen closely though you can hear the hollow echo of a cowbells presence from the past.
Cowbell Solo without Cowbell

I think this is certainly further evidence to the correlation between good sound and cowbell use.

Zakyath

Reaction score
While the odd nature of subject matter may appear not serious Zakyath, that is part of the issue. People do not take cowbells seriously.

Take this case study for example that I've put together. Its quite explicit the positive effects the sound of cowbells can have upon a song.

Note how the cowbell solo is rather interesting a listen:
Cowbell Solo

Now if we listen to the same solo without cowbell, the pleasing quality of the sound diminishes near exponentially. If you listen closely though you can hear the hollow echo of a cowbells presence from the past.
Cowbell Solo without Cowbell

I think this is certainly further evidence to the correlation between good sound and cowbell use.

I liked the second one better :)

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
does this theory mean that a song with cowbell will sound better than one without?

Bartuc08

Reaction score
does this theory mean that a song with cowbell will sound better than one without?

very much so, I haven't figured out the exact numbers, but studies so far show that as cowbell use increases, greatness of the song may increase by more then two fold, some even speculate that it may increase by upwards of seven fold!

[edit]

Thank you Jimpy for supplying further evidence to the cowbell theory... and yes i do hear that distant echo of greatness... nibbling at my ear drum, teasing my endorphins to come out and play.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.