The Dark Knight Rises

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Directed By: Christopher Nolan
Starring: Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman
Year: 2012

hndark.jpg

But Seriously, what's the big deal with "The Dark Knight Rises" really?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
What? Is that a question?
Do Not! Disrespect! Batman!
What's the big deal? It's the finale!

The poster is genius btw. Bottom left, you see the Superman symbol on a rock. Next to the rock is a face of the Joker. And people say there's other hidden goodies in there but oh well, too much effort.

Also, why are there Inception posters here? I guess we're just showing Christopher Nolan stuff, ha.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
batman was one of the best film of the last decade. i really hope that the sequel will top the dark knight but still its gonna be epic :O

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
What? Is that a question?
Do Not! Disrespect! Batman!
What's the big deal? It's the finale!

The poster is genius btw. Bottom left, you see the Superman symbol on a rock. Next to the rock is a face of the Joker. And people say there's other hidden goodies in there but oh well, too much effort.

Also, why are there Inception posters here? I guess we're just showing Christopher Nolan stuff, ha.

The only thing I noticed was the Superman logo, which could just be coincidence. If not it could mean a Justice League int he making? or it might be because Christoper Nolan is doing Man of Steel in the future. Regardless, looks cool. Also, leave the movie related posts to Vine >.< haha

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Anne Hatheway as catwoman... i dont see that working out too well sadly. Gordon (arthur from inception) is in it apperently too. i dont see it being asgood as the dark knight but we can hope.

FireCat

Reaction score
Also, leave the movie related posts to Vine >.< haha
Why? Because you didn't see any trailer or what?
You should know. This movie is being kept very hush hush, and there isn't even a trailer yet!
Well, the trailer has been removed for now. he

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Why? Because you didn't see any trailer or what?
You should know. This movie is being kept very hush hush, and there isn't even a trailer yet!
Well, the trailer has been removed for now. he

[video=youtube;apMXFloDH6M]apMXFloDH6M[/video]

Saw it at Harry Potter today, zomg. So excite.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
I might be wrong on my speculations of it being bad. christopher nolan might be able to make anne hathway and no heath ledger as joker work after seeing that trailerthough.

Bartuc08

Reaction score
I might be wrong on my speculations of it being bad. christopher nolan might be able to make anne hathway and no heath ledger as joker work after seeing that trailerthough.

wha? That trailer showed little to nothing about the movie... you didn't even see Anne Hathaway.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
wha? That trailer showed little to nothing about the movie... you didn't even see Anne Hathaway.

i didnt mean the trailer showed that, i meant the atmosphere he gave it and the feel of it seemed really good, so i dk. im saying that he might have as a director what it takes to make her work. im lost in thought over how i should feel this movie will come out is what i mean to say i guess

Bartuc08

Reaction score
I'm sorry, didn't mean to attack you ;) I'm hoping this movie turns out great as well, I'm just a little disappointed with the trailer is all. Looking back at the "Returns" There was a few things that didn't sit right with me. Batman, although smart and level headed, is very arrogant, he wouldn't cease his crusade on evil just because of one loss, the vibe I get from the next movie shows him differently from his character. I know this movie will be a blockbuster hit, whether it sits well with fans? Well, not too sure about that.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
It's just a teaser, :) Not a full trailer.

I hope and I'm sure it will be amazing. Character change and conflict is needed to make it seem intense, ha.
If not I will be so disappointed.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but the teaser just confused the piss out of me. Was that supposed to be Comm. Gordon? o_O Who was even the baddy... Bane? He's the head guy? I never really took him for a master villian... It was the same thing with the Spiderman series... His arch enemy was the Goblin family and the movie ended with the Sandman and Venom o_O Batman's arch enemy was the Joker, not Bane. Why are we ending the series with less than the arch enemies?!

People don't think ahead.

And Alfred is a new person this time around? That's disappointing. I liked him.

Also, where did Batman go? I never thought they were going to say he was gone... That would never happen. I'm sorry, I understand movies don't have to follow comic plot but c'mon. Batman doesn't just go away. He never would.

Bartuc08

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but the teaser just confused the piss out of me. Was that supposed to be Comm. Gordon? o_O Who was even the baddy... Bane? He's the head guy? I never really took him for a master villian... It was the same thing with the Spiderman series... His arch enemy was the Goblin family and the movie ended with the Sandman and Venom o_O Batman's arch enemy was the Joker, not Bane. Why are we ending the series with less than the arch enemies?!

People don't think ahead.

And Alfred is a new person this time around? That's disappointing. I liked him.

Also, where did Batman go? I never thought they were going to say he was gone... That would never happen. I'm sorry, I understand movies don't have to follow comic plot but c'mon. Batman doesn't just go away. He never would.

whoa whoa whoa!

Joker may have been his arch enemy, but to say Bane was lesser simply because he wasn't established outside of the comics is insulting. The only (as far as I know) movie to feature bane did a piss poor job at doing it. Bane isn't some lumbering hulk hopped up on steroids. Bane is a master tactician, a great fighter, and he was able to determine who Batman was within a year of being in Gotham City. He Broke Batman's back and put him out of business for a good while. Batman and bane have a mutual respect for each other, and it's been said that had Bane had the fortune that Bruce had then he too would've been just as great. Instead, Bane grew up in a Mexican prison, were he learned all of his skills, he didn't have the luxury of an inheritance.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Huh?
Yes, I believe that's Gordon.
Bane is the bad guy here I believe. There might be flashbacks to Ra's al Ghul, and when Bruce was in prison (push-up scene). And another character is Catwoman, of course. Who knows, maybe at the end they'll announce how the Joker escaped from Arkham.

And Alfred is the same person? Nolan doesn't really ever change his actors, Michael Caine is still acting as Alfred if that's what you mean.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
News On The Dark Knight Rises
Tom Hardy on Bane, and Nolan speaks!

56274.jpg

You've seen the new Empire covers with Batman and Bane, but here's a sneak peek at some of the news on The Dark Knight Rises inside the magazine. Specifically, Nolan himself gives away a few tidbits on the film's plot and setting, and Tom Hardy talks about Bane.

Let's hear from director Christopher Nolan first, and see what he'll divulge about the film. "It's really all about finishing Batman and Bruce Wayne's story. We left him in a very precarious place. Perhaps surprisingly for some people, our story picks up quite a bit later, eight years after The Dark Knight. So he's an older Bruce Wayne; he's not in a great state.

Continue reading here.

--- --- ---

If only I had the money to see the prologue... I've been reading so much news on TDKR, now I'm wondering if it's better that I be like my friend, who says he wants to know nothing about the movie so he can see it with full surprise and stuff.

FireCat

Reaction score
now I'm wondering if it's better that I be like my friend, who says he wants to know nothing about the movie so he can see it with full surprise and stuff.
Well, I think it depends on what kind of movie it is.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.