The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion Wars

M

mxocosa

ok thx for ideas but I would love to hear ideas for abilities and more important Which model should be used!

Rabarber

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Voice of the Emperor, like charm, but for 20 seconds.
Jauffre should have the Admiral Proudmoore model. ;)
Baurus should have the "The Captain" model.
Martin should have the Human Emmisary (or human priest) model.
Amusei should have the Naga Myrmidon model with the weapons alphaed out, make him green/pinkish.
Amuday should be the same.
Lord Drad should have the peasant model.
The ogres should have the Stonemaul Ogre Magi model.

M

mxocosa

Im currently using the spellbreaker models for The Blades does anyone have a better suggestion? Think Ill use the same for Jauffre. The rest I pretty much agree on except Amusei but I cant find anything better so unless I do that and if I decided to add Amusei Ill use that lol

M

mxocosa

small update on the project mostly terrainwise updated the minimap starting to get worried about the amount of trees and yeah I know the road to skingrad should be longer and that the blades fortress should be further away from bruma but not my fault I cant make it bigger than 256x256

edit: added a few pictures too nothing important but shows how most the terrain will look like

M

mxocosa

Update!
Just been doing a lot of terraining (see screen shot first post) also added a day/month/year system based on the elder scrolls day/month/years. Im gonna use this for the timed events and during winter it will snow instead of rain (no terrain snow and probably wont be until im done with a beta for the map ATLEAST) Again plz post ur suggestions on heros, special named units and ABILITIES especialy abilities.

again thx for reading =)

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Nice terrain! If you want to make your map bigger, check out WEU, I beleive it has something that lets you make bigger maps. (up to 480 I think?)

M

mxocosa

yeah I took a look at WEU but I would had to do the terrain over and uhm no lol =)

M

mxocosa

Hehe no worries wont use WEU know how it can increase the map size way to much but I may use it on my next project =/ but ill talk about once Im done with this map ^^

And again plz submit ability ideas for heros because im just not creative enough lol =)

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
It only increases map size if you use advanced triggers. And I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have to start over. Just edit the map you're working on (in the WEU thing, not the map editor...if you know what I mean). If that won't work, it's really not that hard to export terrain, objects, and triggers to another map.

M

mxocosa

Well Ive decided on not bothering with increasing map size the map is pretty much done terrain wise and 256x256 is big enough gameplay wise. I only gonna add inside echo cave and that mythic dawn cave and the terrain will be done. After this im gonna start working on units (this should go quik), before I start on the heros making and theire abilities they may get some triggered abilities. After im done with the hero's ill add any events before I go into alpha testing to balance the map (this will probably happen with some friends but if needed ill be asking for help on this forum) after that I will release a beta version that will hopefully be as playable as possible. I may release several beta versions if needed but im hoping that most the kinks will be worked out before I release the 3rd version of the map. After a 1.0 version of the map ill continue to add content on it and fix any problems that may remain from beta. The hide in forest ability that has been one of the hardest triggers to figure out and I got to work thx to our beloved AceHart may not be included in the 1.0 version as im starting to worry about the large amount of forest on my map and that it may not be a wise decition gameplaywise. But this will be based on respons after beta.

Things I would like help with:
Heros and theire abilities (mainly theire abilities)
Is hackdirt a good place to use as the bandits base?
Any other suggestions are also welcome =)

thx for reading =)

Edit: Also adding a lot of Heros/Special Units in the first post

M

mxocosa

Weee thought I should share the current unit list with everyone. Remember some cities are the same team (bruma chorrol cheydinhal and skingrad bravil)

Dremora
Scamp
Dremora Churl
Flame Atronach
Dremora Kynval
Frost Atronach
Siege Weapon(no name yet)
Dremora Markynaz
Storm Atronach
Xivilai

Goblin
Goblin(Builder)
Rat
Goblin Berserker
Goblin Skirimisher
Giant Rat
Rat Herder
Ratrider
Shaman

Imperial City
Builder
Imperial City Watch
Imperial Archer
Captain
Mounted Imperial City Watch
Imperial Ranger
Mounted Captain
Catapult
Palace Guard

Bruma
Builder
City Guard
Nord Skirimisher
Nord Warrior
Catapult

Cheydinhal
Builder
City Guard
Dunmer Archer
Black Horse Rider
Dunmer Ranger
Knight of the Thorn

Chorrol
Builder
City Guard
Catapult

Skingrad
Builder
City Guard
Lesser Vampire
Vampire
Catapult

Bravil
City Guard
Catapult

Mythic Dawn
Gate Summoner(builder)
Mythic Dawn Initiate

Necromancers
zombie
Lesser Skeleton
Lesser Necromancer
Ghost
Skeleton
Necromancer
Wraith
Lich

Bandits
Slave
Bandit
Bandit Skirimisher
Rouge Mage
Orc Bandit
Nord Brigand
Siege Ram

Special Units(Finders keepers)
Umbra
Lucien Lachance
Ancotar
Dark Brotherhood Member

Mage's Fighter's Guild
Builder
Fighter Apprentice
Mage Apprentice
Battle Mage
Swordsman
Archer
Champion
Wizard
Siege Weapon

On top of these I have special named units for each team like the Daedric Siege Crawler and such. Any suggestions of units that should be included or excluded are welcome but please atleast suggest which model I should use for the unit.

EDIT: Ok Mages and Fighters Guild added now

L

LichofAzrule

Oh and if u can make this map(If it isnt Unprotected :p) i(Or U) could make a sweet RPG out of this WOOT GO ELDER SCROLLS

M

mxocosa

just want to say YAY for posts lol meh any motivation posts are also welcome thank you LichofAzrule realy needed some motivation to continue copying spawning triggers gate triggers and balancing units is BORING lol

M

mxocosa

And I will consider giving certain people who ask for it a unprotected map as long as they can tell me why they want it and how they are going to make theire map and preferably someone who have shown interest in my map hehe. But if u want to make an RPG I should tell u that the map is very close to the real deal but its a little diffrent in some areas because of the limited height and size of WC3 maps. Also Anvil Kvatch and Leyawin aint even there (no idea if I spelled that last town right)

L

LichofAzrule

I think i could make Kvatch but like you said it would be limeted(Did you know Kvatch was the only place outside the imperial city with an arena.

M

mxocosa

if u havent played elderscrolls it can be kinda hard my main problem atm is hero abilities I just suck at making triggered ones and I suck at coming up with ideas for them in the first version all heros will probably have none triggered abilities then we'll see what happends later on. If I got any problems I usualy post them in the help zone. This is my first major map except small ones ive made when I had nothing better to do so its a map im mainly doing to learn about more advanced triggers and such.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.