The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion Wars

M

mxocosa

ok havent been 24 hours since last post but I got some major changes Blades will be removed as a team and instead be included under the Imerial Watch also Cheydinhal will become its own team. Theres two Reasons for this:
a) terrain wise The Blade fortress just aint good enough to use as a great fortress.
b) gameplay wise I lacked units for bruma and chorrol compared to cheydinhal cheydinhal got a lot of residents that make interesting units(dark elves as archers, black horses as fast knights, knights of thorn and so on)

E

Eilhal

blades fortress not good for a main base?!? that's crazy... in the game it would make an AMAZING base... I think you should edit your terrain to fit that :p

M

mxocosa

Look if u compare the size of the blade fortress to the size of ANY city in oblivion its tiny! and I mean tiny as in about 1/3 if not 1/4 of the smallest city most archers could probably hit any unit inside it. I know the game tells that its a super duper fortress but if u look at how its built its not that good its mostly just one big stone wall and a wooden building on top of it. Also the blades just aint many enough so I would rather use them as the best units the empire got even if they only serve the emperor and not the empire. I know im gonna get flamed for this but they just work better as part of one team than as theire own team. I will still include the blade fortress but as a mini base for the empire that they can decide themself if they want to defend or not.

I know this is some big changes but its stuff I realised while trying to make the map spawns work. Atm im considering if I should make each city its own team so the teams would be.

=Good
-Imperial City
-Bravil
-Skingrad
-Chorrol
-Bruma
-Cheydinhal

=Evil
-Dremora
-Mythic Dawn
-Necromancers
-Goblins
-Bandits

I would very much like to hear oppinions and suggestions on this matter. Also if anyone could come up with a 6th evil team that would be great. I know this is a step back in finishing my map but I want it to work out the way I want and Im just doing my best to make a decent map =/

Thx for reading know this got a bit long.

E

Eilhal

well you've got a point... but what you would have to do to make it work is... well... I really don't think anyone cares what I'm gonna say lol....... but anyone I'm gonna say it anyway...

you make high walls so units can't see over them (just at the edge) and then make sure no units use extended line of sight for attacks... so that they CAN'T hit all the units... just the ones at the edge... that would give some amazing use of tactics having archers in the blades sit back from the wall a bit and attack the enemy as they try to break the gate down

M

mxocosa

well sadly 256x256 isnt enough to make a large enough blade fortress to move ur units around much on the top of the walls =/ but Ill take this in consideration for later versions. But from now on the Blades will probably be part of the Empire.

A

Atreides

one question: about how many bases does each player get?
and have you tried using invisible platforms for your blade fortress? they might help save a little space while still giving a "wall" effect...

M

mxocosa

I cant answere that yet lol. First I had planned 3 bases for one player 2 bases for 2 players and one base for the rest but with the current set up it seems like there will be one base for all players but 1 who will have two. (then there will be small villages but these are only used as healing points not troop spawns).

EDIT: BTW just to sum up all changes Blades and Guilds (fighters and mages guild) have been removed. The map is currently 6vs5 until I can come up with another good evil team. Guild units will probably still be used but instead they will be able to be bought for wood at guild halls (which is also used to build towers/walls/healing tents). For the blades they will become the Imperial City's strongest unit.

Another Edit: To avoid double posting heres another edit I need ability ideas for heros. Heres the list so far(all heros have 10lvls).

Martin Septim Bastard son of the Emperor whos supposed to get the throne. Have been living as a priest who have experienced with evil magic in his past.
(melee) (ultima already decided)

Ulrich Leland Corrupted Captain fines the citizens for way to much money.(melee)

Hieronymus Lex Obsessed Captain a captain obsessed by trying to catch a master thief very loyal and have high standars of honor(melee)

Jauffre Grandmaster of the blades the bodyguards of the emperor. Highly trained soldiers.(melee)

Hannibal Traven Archmage of the mages guild.(magic user)

Farwil Indarys Hopless son of the count of cheydinhall and wannabe knight. (is actualy a knight of thorn which his dad started for him)(melee)

Janus Hassildorf Vampire Count hides the fact that he's a vampire and acts as the count of skingrad(melee vampire)

Mankar Camoran Leader of the mythic dawn magic user who have made a deal with mehrunes dagon to create his own paradise.(magic user)

Kathutet Demon guardian for Mankor Camorans true paradise (melee fighter)

Mannimarco King of Worms a extremly powerfull necromancer(magic especialy summoning)

Goblin Warlord(melee) not sure what more to write

Goblin Shaman(magic) same as above

Sigil Stone Guardian (melee) same as Kathutet

Bandit Lord (melee or ranged) suggest whatever u want as long as u remember he's evil

Mehrunes Dagon (melee) over powered demon will appear during the attack on imperial city event can be compared to sauron in Ring Wars Uber hero making it almost lost for good team unless they got martin at lvl 6 or higher where he's supposed to get an ability that can kill him.

Thats all I can come up with now if theres any heros u think should be included plz let me know I especialy want suggestions for heros on evil team.

Add my character, Jedin, He is a very powerful mage, with 110 blade skill :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.