The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion Wars

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
Please try to refrain from Double Posting (I'm referring to 2 in a row on the same day) and instead just edit your post.
Thanks. :)

By the way, I'm really looking forward to seeing how this map will turn out. Sounds great so far.

M

mxocosa

first of all sry for the double posting I was just about to go asleep and I try to avoid it lol. and gameplay wise im pretty happy with this map im only worried about the fact that its not realy evil base here good base here its more like spread all over the map but ill do my best to give all bases both good and evil good defence possibilities so that they will last until reinforcment arrives. another worry is that for the same reason it probably wont be very newbie friendly =/

EDIT: and when it comes to helping just take a look at this thread as I post most problems there got a hero abbility there right now that I have no idea if its even possible to make lol but it would be sweet. If its impossible or demand a lot of memory when its used just let me know and ill just make it a simple ability instead.

stavious

Reaction score
mxocosa said:
im only worried about the fact that its not realy evil base here good base here its more like spread all over the map but ill do my best to give all bases both good and evil good defence possibilities so that they will last until reinforcment arrives. another worry is that for the same reason it probably wont be very newbie friendly =/
Don't worry about those things. The world isn't: this half bad this other half good. It's mixed, and personally I think it's better than the wall line up of the bases in many maps. About the difficulty of the map: no one ever said stratedgy and warfare was easy. :D
Keep working. ;)

M

mxocosa

hehe yeah but the problem is that most players want something that theire good at and most people are well lazy..... best example is DotA theres several good maps like DotA but still theres like WAY to many DotA games being hosted making other maps that may even be better get ignored people want something theire used to or thats easy to learn =/

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Well, they miss if they don't play an actually good map, seemed boring.So try 2 think something really :cool: , not seen before, add your own ideas at the oblivion game, that's why the maps get customized ;)

M

mxocosa

I am currently working on the unit spawns for my game how often do u people think people should get more units? and how many (max and minimum)

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Every day (game day of course) they should get about 10 weak units.
Every 2 days, they should get 5 good units.
Every 5 days, they should get 1 special unit (with a max on them, to prevent mass amounts of them).

I dont know much about balancing in your map, like, do units have, 12 heath? or 1200? Or how strong are they in comparison to heath. And How long is one game day?

M

mxocosa

im currently using 240sec each day. got 10 reseach levels for spawning (11 with the basic first spawns) units aint balanced yet but health will probably range from about 100 to 750 and dmg from 5-40+abilities

EDIT: if u go back a few posts I have posted all units thats in the game atm. theire listed from weakest to strongest. builders will be buildable and not spawn unlike combat units.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
The day/night balances and spawns are fine 2 me.Whenever u need suggestions,
*whistle like a shepherd*

M

mxocosa

hi finaly got to a computer ^^

just wanted to let everyone know that the map was ready for a alpha release but while I was finishing up the last few itches the power disappeared for like a sec making my computer TV and lights turn themself on and off..... this resulted in the unit balancing, unit spawns and the last units I created disappeared. Also made me kinda tired of my map but no worries it will be done but since im stuck at my grandparents until tuesday nothign will probably happen until then. I hope to be able to finish an alpha thats open for public release by the weekend after. The unit spawns will probably end up being most units spawn every day (every 240sec/4min) while some extra units will spawn every 2nd or 3rd day (every 480sec/8min or 720sec/12min) Ive tried a lot of diffrent spawn rates and every day aint enough making the gameplay seem slow while twice a day was to much making it hard to decide what to do with the spawned units before a new spawn arrived. Soooo every 2nd 3rd day most spawns will gain a few extra units (will probably make it so higher ranked units/stronger units will spawn less often while normal soldiers will spawn every day making a feeling that officers are a lot less common than simples troops) I know I havent been working very fast with this project but I do it for fun so Im only working on the map when I feel like it =)

well thx for reading and hope this post wasnt a total waste of time and as always any suggestions for the map(units/heros/abilities/events) would be great.

M

mxocosa

just got back to my precious computer so thought I would post a picture of my map from above I know u can only see the shadow of most of the doodads on the right side of my map but I have no idea why so ull have to live with it u should be able to see what it is =)

M

mxocosa

Have you played oblivion.... Its just one big fucking forest and I didnt realise that until after making this map lol

B

<battle.net>

yes i have, but its not clumps of trees

still it looks good

E

Eilhal

mxocosa said:
yeah I took a look at WEU but I would had to do the terrain over and uhm no lol =)

with WEU you can export terrain... triggers... units... anything... and put them into a new map just an FYI :p

M

mxocosa

its not clumps of trees here either it just looks like it ur units can actualy walk around in it =P =) and I may do a WEU version later but for now it will only be this =)

EDIT: Fiddled a bit with Bravil and Hackdirt. Made hackdirt smaller and more accurate also gave hackdirt wallls which it didnt have in oblivion but its gonna be the bandits base so they need some protection also trying to figure out how to make bravil look good ><

E

Eilhal

This is just an off topic question lol... I was just wonderin about your char. in Oblivion :p lol I've been playing it quite a bit latly and was just wonderin about your person :p sorry for bein off topic all the time lol

M

mxocosa

*off-topic*meh I dont mind off topic my char in oblivion is a pure mage its amazing how fast u lvl with only magic skills in that game and now I almost feel unbalanced after having gathered some sigil stones im lvl 28 and I got a staff that does 70fire dmg and a staff that does 50 fire dmg with a great radius combined with always gathering souls made me pretty unbalanced as I got the 50 fire dmg staff as I joined the mages guild its been waaaay to easy and im playing at about 3/4 difficulty but I find the difficulty slider in oblivion messed up if u move it a tiny bit below half u get godlike if u move it any further than 3/4 it gets almost impossible for me so =/ Anyways Oblivion is horrible compared to morrowind but still a good game better combat and graphics but I miss actualy having to build my house and not just buy it and the offical addons are boring(got an xbox 360 for oblivion because it would be cheaper than buying a decent PC to play it on)

EDIT: forgot to mention the power of alchemy with two potions I get full armor and with one potion I can light up an area as big as a section of the imperial city and thats just the ones I use the most also its great for regenerating health and magic or simply making it regen so much health that u dont loose any

and I should probably say sry for so much off topic stuff

*back to my map* Its almost done with a playable alpha without heros so far Im done with dremora empire and bandit spawns but its fucking boring to make spawns so im gonna continue in a day or two its 7am now so time to go to bed nite all for now

J

JakobOvrum

Ehm, at page three it should say Siege weapon (no name yet) instead of Siege weapon (ikke noe navn enda)

Correct me if im wrong :D

Also, this is gonna be kinda cool. If you are looking for a goblin base, it would be cool using the sewers as a base (several entry points inside and outside of the imperial city). Also, changing into snow in winter would be cool and is quite easy to do, simply use World Editor Unlimited and use
Advanced - replace tilesets (even though it doesn't change into snow in winter in oblivion)

Good luck!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.