The Evil... Is coming...

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
If you go to View -> check Light, the Editor will seemingly go from day to night to day again, like in the game :D It's great for getting some different angled screenshots ;)

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Wow, my terrain looks much better when you screenshot it, LOL! :D

About the runes --- I intended them to be a sort of place where you could gauge the town's morale, or just see its effect (and I thought another fountain would be redundant). I was planning on putting in a small statue there instead, but didn't want to take the time to rescale it lol :p :)

I was thinking that for the graveyard, it could also be a sign of the town: When a player dies, a gravestone (not a wooden plank -_-) will turn their color. When the leader of the town guard dies or whatever, a large statue will appear at the back of the graveyard. I was plannign on turning the graveyard into a larger cemetary later on, actually :)

And it pretty much only looks that way because of the Heavy Lorderaon Rain, Felwood Sky, and Midnight settings ;)

zaqer50

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
What more do you need again? Like, idea wise? Because my hero is still being rated and whatnot...

DM Cross

Reaction score
Anything :D Items, ideas about the techtrees, random abilities you think might work for this hero or that hero, features for the game, if you submit it, unless I think it's completely out of genre, we'll discuss it and probably use it :D

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
ok so you guys are still on terrain, i had a short little idea that i think would be semi usefull/cool. I saw the grave yard behind the church, and you said thier woudl most likely be a quest thier, well how about a mini-game/secondary quest as well? i was thinking you get "telepoerted" into a area that is terrained like the inside of a coffin and in thier is tons little coffins, so a big coffin, with lots of little ones inside it! and the game is timed, you have to dig up as many coffins as you can, getting gold/items/exp, but in order to keep the items/gold/exp you must dig up a certain coffin (randomized each try of course) and if you get that item, every thign you dig up is yours to keep. :D good luck as always!

DM Cross

Reaction score
No offense, but it seems to RPGish to me :D And plus, I detest having to make a part of the map boundaried off so that you can "go into" a crypt, or something... It always makes the map look so bad when you play it -.-

It's a good idea, though! :D If only I could have it as a second map that loads when someone goes in it -.- But alas :(

DM Cross

Reaction score
Bump -.- Second page again.

Me and Shadowy came to an agreement about the terrain. I'm going to set up the base of the map (paths, hills, cliffs and stuff) and he will start on making a base of doodads. Then, he will hand it BACK to me, and we'll just sort of go back and forth perfecting it :) This means the terrain may get set up a little quicker (since this means we will both be annoying each other to hurry the hell up :p) and hopefully be as great as both of us have been known to create :)

Just to let you guys know we're still hard at work ;)

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
NO SCREEN SHOTS!!!! OUTRAGE, lol just messing with ya, but when ar eya gonne get some unit Screen hsots out here? :D

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Eh, I should be able to give you a pretty cool shot of the alpine forest today or tomorrow :)

Oh, and so you all know, I am experiencing major computer problems; they are persistent and more related to the computer going out of date and whatnot and being incompatible with some components we have (had to take out a corrupted RAM disk so I am running at 128 now :(), so it will take a bit longer on my end of the terraining. I hope you all can be patient for the unveiling of this grand project :)

Oh, and I leave for vacation in two days, rofl :p (for a week) So have fun without me then :D

DM Cross

Reaction score
MasterOfABCs said:
NO SCREEN SHOTS!!!! OUTRAGE, lol just messing with ya, but when ar eya gonne get some unit Screen hsots out here? :D

Just so you know, most of the Evil heroes and quite a few other units will have custom skins or models. We haven't even begun making the abilities yet, and we won't until terrain is done. We're trying to take it in steps to keep from confusing ourselves and trying to do a million things at once. So, in short (after that big paragraph, lol) we won't be showing you any units for awhile! STOP ASKING! :p (No, seriously, stop asking, lol)

Shadowy:
Yeah, looks like I'll be on my own for a week :( Ah well, I'll manage :)

zaqer50

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
No you wont manage! You'll over work your self to death then shadowy will get back weep over your dead bod yand commet suicide. Alas this map will never be released. :D

DM Cross

Reaction score
Please don't say stupid stuff like that -.- It's called spam.

zaqer50

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Hey Alexander, since my hero is up for debates(and is taking so long :D ) can I do another one or are we only allowed to do one?

DM Cross

Reaction score
*Shrug* Sure, why not?

Which one you after?

zaqer50

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Hmm not sure, Probably another Wiccen. Spells are the most fun to think up as they can be the most flexible :D

BTW: thanks!

DM Cross

Reaction score
zaqer50 said:
Hmm not sure, Probably another Wiccen. Spells are the most fun to think up as they can be the most flexible :D

Let me know when you decide, so I can edit the list :)

BTW: thanks!

You're not welcome!

... Aw, don't look at me like that -.- I hate sad looks.

... FINE! YOU'RE WELCOME! ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?!

:D :rolleyes:

zaqer50

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO TAKE THINGS TOO FAR! ;)

uhh I'd like the mimic mage si vous plait :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.