The Evil... Is coming...

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
zaqer50 said:
YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO TAKE THINGS TOO FAR! ;)

Yes. I have more fun that way :rolleyes:

uhh I'd like the mimic mage si vous plait :)

NO! HA! Now what, punk?

Go ahead :rolleyes:

BTW-
Who taught you French? The Dutch?!

Sargon

Reaction score
So...what kinds of grades do you get in French? :p

DM Cross

Reaction score
How about we DON'T talk about French grades in my thread? :rolleyes:

DM Cross

Reaction score
The abilities for the Illusionist hero are done! Check 'em out.

Sorry for the downtime, guys, but I got really busy with hooking the internet up to my room comp, downstairs, and some other personal disasters :rolleyes:

BACK TO WORK! :)

DM Cross

Reaction score
The abilities for the Shadow Master are decided. Check em out!

DM Cross

Reaction score
Erm, pass? :D

Actually, SF went on vacation, and a lot of stuff popped up... So basically, we've gotten the town and the alpine forest more or less done, and I still have to make all the paths so that SF can add a doodad base, and then I'll touch it up.

In short:
Not as far as we want to be -.-

Please bare with us :) We have lives, too... Sometimes...

Sargon

Reaction score
Surely you meant "bear" right there.

DM Cross

Reaction score
EDIT

*Looks it up on Dictionary.com to make sure*

... -.-

Yeah, let's go with that, Sarg! :)

This isn't the grammar thread, though :D

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
all right, "not as far as you want" reasonable answer :p plus terrain is boreing stuff, well when you two do finish let all of us know! i live for screen shots! :D

DM Cross

Reaction score
You can always help out by taking a hero and thinking up his abilities :)

Your name makes it into the credits ;) Not to mention a bit of rep from me :D

D

dArKzEr0

If you care to summarize these 313 posts into one, and tell me what you need help with, or if you point me to the right place to read an up-to-date summary on the map, I'd love to help with ideas (I can be quite witty :p ).

Wow, that was a long sentence.

dArKz

DM Cross

Reaction score
We accept:
-Ideas for special items (balanced special items)
-Ideas for Quests (with both good and evil results, depending upon who completes their side of the quest. We prefer quests that have an obvious result on the map)
-Abilities lists for the Adventurer Heroes.
-Just about any kinds of features to add to the map, but beware that we don't want tons of these, with the thought of lag in mind. :)

D

dArKzEr0

Ok, but what type of abilities would be useful for this map?

I'm assuming that this will be an RPG?
If so, will there be units fighting along your side or will it just be your hero and other players heros?
Do you fight other players or AI?

I ask, because different maps have different types of spells. WC3 melee spells are for the most part useful vs. armies. While DotA spells are for the most part useful vs. one or two heros.

dArKz

Edit: Also, do you approve the use of non-custom spells for your heros? Such as entangling roots, or mana burn, etc?

DM Cross

Reaction score
MasterOfABCs said:
takign a hero? did you mean making? :confused:

Basically, planning the hero's abilities out for us to make. You can write it in Word, attach the .doc, I'll DL it and we'll discuss it in the Evil Staff forum on OM.com, and then post what we decide.

dArKzEr0 said:
Ok, but what type of abilities would be useful for this map?

I'm assuming that this will be an RPG?
If so, will there be units fighting along your side or will it just be your hero and other players heros?
Do you fight other players or AI?

I ask, because different maps have different types of spells. WC3 melee spells are for the most part useful vs. armies. While DotA spells are for the most part useful vs. one or two heros.

dArKz

Edit: Also, do you approve the use of non-custom spells for your heros? Such as entangling roots, or mana burn, etc?

Ever play DD?

It's a mystery game. 9 players control a single builder, and start in a town. They run into the woods and create homes of their own, get a wife, and raise children to be both workers and fighters.

HOWEVER! One player is really Evil, and can turn into a different form at night (usually) His goal is to kill the other players.

Basically, the abilities should fit the theme of the hero.unit you want to USE the ability.

EXAMPLE:
You wouldn't put a Fire spell on a Water themed hero :p

While we PREFER custom abilities, you can SUBMIT a hero ability list with a melee ability. When we discuss them in the Evil Staff forum, we often change/add stuff, so there's no garuntee we'll use the melee ability.

Hope you understand now :)

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Wait, then how does The Evil work?

What do the heroes your making do? Does everyone get a random hero, like say Illusionist or Shadow Master and then beat the bad one? How do the other heroes fit in?

DM Cross

Reaction score
What do you mean by "how does the Evil work?"

You upgrade your starting unit, aka the Adventurer you are. You chose which class to upgrade into, Mage, Fighter, Naturalist, Holy man, or "Underground". From there, you have more choices to FURTHER upgrade, and then ANOTHER batch of options are available to you to choose from.

Get it? :)

By the way, the abilities of the Viking are up. Check em out!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.