The 'Fast reply' feature?

R@d14nc3

Reaction score
I am really wondering why it seems the use of a fast reply is understimated here in these forums.

Is there something that disallows its usage? it shouldn't be used?

Could someone of high knowledge in this point answer this?

I would really fancy this feature in these forums :)

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
It just encourage people to spam, because they go "Hey, I can reply really quick, and continue viewing my threads", instead of having to think about replying.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
You know, after having to read your posts for today, that feature is turned off precisely because of members like you.
You already spam every thread in existance with generally unhelpful "post-count" posts.

I can only imagine what it would be if "fast-reply" were enabled.

Either that, or it's simply off because it hasn't been turned on.
No special reason.

R@d14nc3

Reaction score
You know, after having to read your posts for today, that feature is turned off precisely because of members like you.
You already spam every thread in existance with generally unhelpful "post-count" posts.
I'm sorry? I have explained multiple times why I get sometimes mistaken in WE things.
I can only imagine what it would be if "fast-reply" were enabled.
Either that, or it's simply off because it hasn't been turned on.
No special reason.
hmmm...now that you mention it, I didn't see that feature even older...

Ok, I get the point.

I have no more thoughts on this.

Apostle O

Reaction score
It is funny. People just don't know how to use the quick reply. I am using it right now, simply because I can. I actually prefer the... slow reply (for lack of an actual name.) Really, I see that people spam the threads already without this being obscenely obvious how to use. Imagine if it were like in other forums, where you just click in the message box and start typing. We would probably see much shorter posts, simply because it is harder to gague the length of your message in this little box. I predict that this message will be much shorter than my average.

-Apostle O

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Can I turn off quick reply in my user options, I don't like it down here, and it adds anouther icon...

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
I don't like how you have to click a button to turn it on. But otherwise I think that it is a good feature. Often times you do not need the additional interface options and can simply post text. And I think that if someone would spam it wouldn't matter the speed, it's still spam. Quick reply is a tool, and the user determines how that tool is utilized.

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
I noticed that when you use it, your post count doesn't show an increase on your posts besides the quick reply one. Funny.

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
Just use the quick reply function in this thread and compare the Post count displaying in your new post and the one above this one. They wont be the same :)

This is an known issue that wont be fixed, and your real post count is updated so it isn't that big problem anyway.

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
I know. I find it funny though, becuase I love pointing out error. If you knew me in real life you would get irritated whenever I correct your grammar. :p

A

Arken

I don't like how you have to click a button to turn it on. But otherwise I think that it is a good feature. Often times you do not need the additional interface options and can simply post text. And I think that if someone would spam it wouldn't matter the speed, it's still spam. Quick reply is a tool, and the user determines how that tool is utilized.
It's good for people on 56k, because you don't have to go through as many pages.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.