Other The Imperial Prison

Archideas

Reaction score
TheImperialPrison2.png

Do you have what it takes to escape the prison dungeon? Choose between several different heroes
and make your escape. But watch out, the prison guards won't take kindly to escapees!

Overview:

This is a 2 player map where the goal is to escape the Imperial Prison. Obviously to get out of there you have to fight your way through bosses and other obstacles. Secrets and whatnot will be everywhere so by just rushing through it you'll miss alot. So far I've got 5 heroes planned out, hopefully more to come.

Progress:

||||| - Terrain
||||| - Triggers
||||| - Units
||||| - Spells
||||| - Overall

Heroes2.png

FemurtheCursed2.png

Bloodbeak.png

RhytahlLilth2.png

Zulrokh2.png

SerenaSerpus2.png

RevivalSystem.png

When a hero dies, a Soul Shard is created at the dying hero's position.

Soul Shards allows heroes that die to be brought back to life by visiting a Shrine. Soul Shards are rewarded from secret
areas and bosses. All Soul Shards that are collected throughout the game are shared between the players. If the players
run out of Soul Shards, they'll be unable to revive until his fellow players manage to find one.

ClassItems.png

At certain points in the game, players will find places only accessible by certain heroes. These secret locations
contain secrets that eventually will unlock a class item for that very hero, strengthening him or her for their journey
up ahead. Other players will be unable to follow and aid that specific player, so be cautious!

Misc.

This is basically a one man project so far, but I know I'll need help to succeed. Therefor I'm looking for someone who's willing to make spells for the heroes, as my skills for that aren't really up to the job to make it problem free ingame.

There's no deadline or anything, as I'm taking it slow and steady with this one. All that I require of you is that you can make the spells in GUI, leakless and preferably MUI. Reply in this thread if you're interested, preferably with some work of your own to show.

As this is a pretty open project as well, I'd like to ask anyone who wants, to suggest their own heroes. I'm aiming for 3 strength, 3 agility and 3 intelligence heroes for the beta, so that leaves 2 strength, 1 agility and 2 intelligence heroes to go.

Sorry for the wall of text. :D Screenshots below.

Attachments

• Screenshot 1.png
    Screenshot 1.png
    775.1 KB · Views: 268
  • Screenshot 2.png
    Screenshot 2.png
    726.5 KB · Views: 281
  • Screenshot 3.png
    Screenshot 3.png
    628.5 KB · Views: 277
  • Screenshot 4.png
    Screenshot 4.png
    886.7 KB · Views: 276
  • Screenshot 5.png
    Screenshot 5.png
    859.7 KB · Views: 296

Rep7a

Reaction score
Very interesting idea, what really caught me was the creative images and back stories you've created for each hero. The terrain screenshots also looked very well made. Looking forward to it :thup:

Archideas

Reaction score
Glad to hear someone likes the idea and takes time to comment. Currently working more on the terrain and might release an alpha/beta when I've got the second boss sorted out and finished his area.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
There isn't that many maps of this type and i quite like the idea ^^
The terrain looks neat, good use of the blizzard cliffs and terrain fog x)

Some constructive comments now:

Did you think about adding traps? That would be an unused idea and would really get the dungeon feel out of the map. Like Falling rocks etc. or at least an area which is trapped? ^^

Also, how about adding some riddles to the map as well? This is a bit dodgy since people might get annoyed if they can't solve a riddle, but may be a bit of a nice addition (Maybe make it so that they hide secrets, instead of the very main doorways?).

That's all for now, i think i'll gladly play an alpha/beta when it gets out, it seems like a fun map ^^

Archideas

Reaction score
I'm definitely planning on making traps and puzzles in this map. This game also requires you to explore as well if you want to progress.

Most gates will also requires you to do specific things to open them, not just smash them open. Glad to see people taking an interest in this!

*EDIT*

Also added a new hero to the first post, Bloodbeak the Wildkin Behemoth.

Failenx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Nenad has pretty much read my mind, the only thing that I would love to see in this map is the ability to make choices.

For example, if you choose to go through the left path instead of the right, it would affect the rest of your gameplay, or atleast a part of it. Also, there would be reasoning for choosing whatever path it is, whether it be because of a riddle you solved, or you're just completely guessing.

Things like this is what really makes the game, along with riddles, traps, etc.

Good luck! I'll be following this project. :thup:

Archideas

Reaction score
I might consider adding alternative paths, Failenx. But I don't think they'll play a major part in the game. If you've got some examples on how it should be done, feel free to PM me about it, I'd love to try it out!

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Looks cool. I can't wait to try it out :thup:.

If you ever need help terrain I'll be willing to help :).

Archideas

Reaction score
I think I got the terrain pretty much how I want it so far. But suggestions and pointers are welcome, absolutely!

Archideas

Reaction score
I can proudly say I got the skilled the Immortal on the team. He'll be responsible for creating spells and necessary triggers to make this map work. Glad to have him onboard!

Also, as a side note, I'll be working to make this map playable by 3 people at once, instead of the original 2.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.