"The Predator" - Flame Strike

ImmortaL_GoD

Reaction score
Has anyone played it? If not, don't bother trying to answer this question, it's hard to explain. But, I was wondering how the flame strike special spell from The Predator on the survivors, that shoots the fireballs out and knocksback, is created. If anyone could help me out, I would appreciate it, thanks.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Well first, there is a dummy unit used as the fireball in the Pulse Bullet spell. All the Flame Strike really does is spawn 5 dummies and use them as Pulse Bullets going in different directions.

The most difficult part is crafting the Pulse Bullet spell itself. A simple sliding dummy that pulls units along with it and deals damage on the first hit (I could make that with some time to tinker with it).

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
A simple sliding dummy that pulls units along with it and deals damage on the first hit (I could make that with some time to tinker with it).

I guess for that first hit matter the best way would be either, if you want it MPI, to use a boolean array "Canhit", and whenever a unit is near and that boolean is true, deal damage and set it to false. Set it to true when the bullet dies.

If you want it MUI, do the same thing but with an attachment system :p

The slide part should be easy...

The pull should be done in same fashion, but instead of a boolean variable, use a unit variable

ImmortaL_GoD

Reaction score
Well first, there is a dummy unit used as the fireball in the Pulse Bullet spell. All the Flame Strike really does is spawn 5 dummies and use them as Pulse Bullets going in different directions.

The most difficult part is crafting the Pulse Bullet spell itself. A simple sliding dummy that pulls units along with it and deals damage on the first hit (I could make that with some time to tinker with it).
Sweet, could you? I can get you all of the dummy spells, units, abilities, etc. Just the trigger is the part I'm mainly confused in. Just let me know if you need em, I don't care if it's MUI either.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Bah, since you won't stop bugging me, I'll have your Pulse Bullet done. Why can't you just beg kingofjasons for this? *grumble grumble*

ImmortaL_GoD

Reaction score
Wow, thanks a lot man, owe youk, heh. Also, so how is the flame strike implemented in sync with them? They also don't seem to knockback entirely.

Btw, is there any way to do it in GUI?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.