The right to bear arms

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I kept it in a safe, but I suppose the time it takes to open the safe might very well defeat the purpose of defending myself in a home invasion.

Couldn't have explained it better.

Also, the invading our country and civilian rebellion points are ridiculous, please die.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Lies. Nobody steals without reason, even kleptomaniacs have to start somewhere.

That's not true. Some people just steal for the rush of cheap adrenaline. Maybe not something big, but they still steal.

Also, the invading our country and civilian rebellion points are ridiculous, please die.

I respectfully disagree (for the time being, later is turns into a less respectful way because obviously you are respectful of opposing points of view that are coming from people that have experience in that exact thing [invasion and rebellion])

To be blatant, if guns laws are passed I would move to the first state to secede, which would probably be Montana which isn't too far away. And then I would sit on the border and shoot people that came to tell me to give my gun to them.

Faust

Reaction score
Kleptomaniacs are thieves, not robbers.
They don't use weapons.
Your argument is invalid.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
People have them, people use them, its as simple as that. If those things are illigal, at least you can bust the ass of anyone who walks around with them and prevent people from reaching for their gun in a spur of the moment.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
i doubt America (im assuming this is the country that is actually have trouble with this) will illegalize gun rights. Theres no way the government can crack down on every person that has a gun

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
The U.S. (I believe) cannot ban firearms. The Second Amendment (which is part of the Bill of Rights) guarantees this. The Bill of Rights contains the nations key rights. So if the U.S. government can suddenly nullify one of the amendments, why can't they do it to any of them (like the first one...).

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
i learned in school (which is private) that people who are against the religious showings of America (for example the words on top of the washington momument) are using the "Separate the church from the state" to completely remove religious things from America. In a video with Newt Gingrich as the narrator. A professor stated that what Jefferson meant was that "Yes, the church is supposed to be separate from the state, but. that does not mean we should not have religious influences on our country, that is what we want."

If something as sacred and probably the right that the founding fathers held most dear, is under question. Then gun rights is probably under question too.

Varine

Reaction score
What is the first ammendment? (sorry I'm Canadian)

Freedom of speech, freedom of press, freedom of religion, and states Congress can't write laws that are biased to religious beliefs. Three of which have at some point been infringed on.

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
XD

the first amendment is the freedom of religion. those other freedoms are in the first 10 amendments.

Bill of rights

Varine

Reaction score
XD

the first amendment is the freedom of religion. those other freedoms are in the first 10 amendments.

Bill of rights

No. The first amendment is the freedom of religion, speech and press.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score

This is correct. Although there are a few limitations. I'm pretty sure you're not allowed freedom of speech if it's a death threat with the actual intent to follow through, or blackmail.

Kershbob

Reaction score
i learned in school (which is private)

We get it you go to Christian school.

Gun ownership is ridiculous, the single designed usage of guns is for shooting things, most likely other people. "Self defense" is a snide and ambigious way of saying "Waiting for someone who I can legally shoot".

Countries with stricter gun control have less gun crime. Countries with the strictest gun control can have unarmed police. Meanwhile a large proportion of the US, as always, thinks it is correct and kids continue to walk into schools and shoot their peers and then themselves.

Saying you need to own a gun is saying you want to shoot someone at some point in time. There is no other function. If you state it works as a form of intimidation; I'm sure that means you are willing to use it in times where you choose to and the consequence is most likely someone will die.

Currently the UK is cracking down on knife crime. One of our biggest issues |:

Varine

Reaction score
This is correct. Although there are a few limitations. I'm pretty sure you're not allowed freedom of speech if it's a death threat with the actual intent to follow through, or blackmail.

Yeah the Supreme Court has limited it a little bit, like the idea of shouting fire in a crowded theater. Death threats are illegal because I think it implies third degree murder, and blackmail is illegal because it's a form of slavery or something. It's limited to an extent, and has been infringed on a lot (Espionage act was the biggest, PATRIOT Act nothing compared to it).

ElderKingpin

Reaction score

XD woops :p

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution is part of the Bill of Rights. The amendment prohibits the Congress from making laws "respecting an establishment of religion", prohibiting the free exercise of religion, infringing on the freedom of speech and infringing on the freedom of the press.

Anyway.

People shewt eachother because of irresponsibility. So on and so forth. I dont think its so much as having no one have guns, but its more that the people who DO have guns are put under more rules.

Chaos is the lack of law. Without any restrictions on gun rights. people will do what they want and when. America isnt exactly strict on who can have guns and who cant. And the people who do lack the responsibility to make sure that no one else touches those guns without their permission

Tru_Power22

Reaction score
I think the self defence this is BS, and kind of sketchy.

"He said he might maybe come to my house and possible not kill me. So I shot him fifteen times. Self Defence."

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.