The Ultimate Showdown

P

Pandaren

maybe for the sidestep thing, instead of having the healing wave spell model, have an edited version of like the blademasters illusion ability so instead of the yellowish see through blade master, its shaqs model like that.

so, when he blinks over u see his see through yellow model shoot over to where he blinks.i hope u understand what i mean

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
I understand. But that would mean more space, and I'm trying to conserve space for the oncoming models with all the people. I might have to cut back some of the heroes for ones not directly mentioned in the video, like Harry Potter, Samuel Jackson, and all those other people.

Which reminds me, we still haven't found our modeller yet. Anyone up for the task? No? Figures.

And finally, I'm going to be out for the weekend, WE-wise, so I'm giving it to Squll for some importing troubles.
Anything that you finish, as in Spellmakers, give to Squll to import ^_^. Sorry for the onslaught of work, Squll.

pheonixashes

Reaction score
Yay! 666 posts! I'm going to work on this map a lot now; I'm coming back from Oregon tomorrow, start working on Monday.

Anyway, some updates since the last time, I've been able to do some research on some of the more hazy characters...

1. I will have to cut some of the characters for the first release, due to modeller problems. I have a potential modeller though. Some of the people I will most likely have to cut will be: Pac-Man, Optimus Prime, Spock, and the Power Rangers.

Spock will still exist, he will be the ultimate summon of Captain James T. Kirk.

2. Not many people know who Lo Pan is. Lo Pan was a Chinese man who fought Qin Shi Huang Di, and lost. Then he had a curse placed upon him, of which totally sucks. More on this later. BTW, he's a spellcaster.

3. Cheddar, how are the abilities coming along?

4. The first release of the game (The Beta) will have approximately 12-15 characters.

5. I've watched the Ultimate Showdown vid a couple more times and spotted secret characters, like Harry Potter.

6. Some information on how some of the characters are played:

-Jackie Chan: He will have different fighting stances instead of actual moves. Therefore, he will be weak long-distance, but extremely powerful up-close. Really powerful, actually. He will only have one stance active at one time.

-Abraham Lincoln's abilities are like his stats; well-rounded, but not good at a single thing.

-All characters will start with an item that either gives an ability or ups their stats, specific to their character.

-Opinion: Should Gandalf the Grey, when he dies, summon a Gandalf the White, or should the player be able to toggle between those two?

-Care Bear will be semi-reminescent of Battle of the Stars' Care Bear. Only, he will split into 4 Care Bears as an ultimate.

-Dr. Brown and the DeLorean might be replaced with Harry Potter, I dunno.

-For now, here are the modes as stands:
--Showdown Mode (Deathmatch, basically)
--Team Showdown Mode (Team Deathmatch)
--Capture the Crystal Mode (Flag)
--Condemnation Mode (Juggernaut - All players against one player, the player that kills the one player becomes the hunted)
--Overlord Mode (King of the Hill)

Again, still looking for full-time (sorta) triggerers that will help me with the ability triggers and the mode triggers and all that jazz.

First post will be updated.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
sounds like fun, here are the heroes directly mentioned in the song, i'll add "abilities/skills" that they used:

Godzilla - Hopping, Got pissed and began to attack, Bite, sneak
Batman - Burst from the shade (Windwalk?), Bat Grenade, Batmobile, change into bruce wayne
Shaq - Block, Shaq Fu,
Aaron Carter - Beat up
Abrahamn Lincoln - Out of the grave, Ak-47, Machete, pole vault
Optimus Prime - Save the day
Scruff McGruff - Bite out of crime
Jackie Chan - Jump and land on target's back, Deflect with fist, jump and summersault
Indiana Jones - Whip tripping, reach for gun
Care Bear - Stare
Chuck Norris - Kick, Saw through, crush head between thighs
Monty Python and the Holy Grail"'s Black Knight -
Benito Mussolini-
The Blue Meanie -
Cowboy Curtis and Jambi the Genie-
Robocop -
Terminator -
Captain Kirk -
Darth Vader -
Lo Pan -
Superman -
every single Power Ranger -
Bill S. Preston -
Theodore Logan -
Spock -
The Rock -
Doc Ock -
Hulk Hogan -
Mr. Rogers -

Lyrics:
Code:
Old Godzilla was hopping around
Tokyo City like a big playground
when suddenly Batman burst from the shade
and hit Godzilla with a Batgrenade
Godzilla got pissed and began to attack
but didn't expect to be blocked by Shaq
who proceeded to open up a can of Shaq Fu
when Aaron Carter came out of the blue

and he started beating up Shaquille O'Neal
then they both got flattened by the Batmobile
but before it could make it back to the Batcave
Abraham Lincoln popped out of his grave
and took an AK47 out from under his hat
and blew Batman away with a rat-a-tat-tat
but he ran out of bullets and he ran away
because Optimus Prime came to save the day

this is the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny
good guys, bad guys, and explosions as far as the eye can see
and only one will survive, I wonder who it will be

Godzilla took a bite out of Optimus Prime
like Scruff McGruff took a bite out of crime
and then Shaq came back covered in a tire track
but Jackie Chan jumped out and landed on his back
and Batman was injured, and trying to get steady
when Abraham Lincoln came back with a machete
but suddenly something caught his leg and he tripped
Indiana Jones took him out with his whip

then he saw Godzilla sneaking up from behind
and he reached for his gun which he just couldn't find
'cause Batman stole it and he shot and he missed
and Jackie Chan deflected it with his fist
then he jumped in the air and did a summersault
while Abraham Lincoln tried to pole vault
onto Optimus Prime, but they collided in the air
then they both got hit by a Care Bear Stare, oooh

this is the Ultimate Showdown...

angels sang out in immaculate chorus
down from the heavens descended Chuck Norris
who deliver a kick which could shatter bones
into the crotch of Indiana Jones
who fell over on the ground, writhing in pain
as Batman changed back into Bruce Wayne
but Chuck saw through his clever disguise
and he crushed Batman's head in between his thighs

then Gandalf the Grey and Gandalf the White and
"Monty Python and the Holy Grail"'s Black Knight and
Benito Mussolini and The Blue Meanie and
Cowboy Curtis and Jambi the Genie
Robocop, the Terminator, Captain Kirk, and Darth Vader
Lo Pan, Superman, every single Power Ranger
Bill S. Preston and Theodore Logan,
Spock, The Rock, Doc Ock, and Hulk Hogan
all came out of no where lightning fast
and they kicked Chuck Norris in his cowboy ass
it was the bloodiest battle the world ever saw
with civilians looking on total awe

and the fight raged on for a century
many lives were claimed, but eventually
the champion stood, the rest saw their better:
Mr. Rogers in a bloodstained sweater

of Ultimate Destiny

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
I can give ideas, icons, and some moderate/crappy skins. And i was thinking about making this but you already too it. If you need help PM me I will be willing to work on a map.

EDIT: Im great at balancing heroes also if you need help with that. And about the icons I can do them but i can never get the fade right on DISBTN and PASBTN.

pheonixashes

Reaction score
Thanks ^_^. I'm quite artistic if I have a premade set of stuff, I'm no good at creating stuff from scratch.

Actually, if someone will make some low-sized icons of all of the character's drawings in the music video (PrintScreen/SysRQ), that would help a lot with the icon section.

And FireEffect, thanks for offering to help. Now I have two potential modellers. Most of the skins will, IMO, be pretty easy. Just some alphaing out some stuff and changing colours and whatnot.

And esb, I've already got some of the ideas down. For example, Abraham Lincoln, for lack of better ideas, will have "AK Spray" and "Polevault" as his first two abilities.

Thanks for the list though, +rep.

+rep for FireEffect for offering to help in an area I needed help in.

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
Bump. And a bit of a story. Anyone noticed I write a lot of "stories"?

Well, I still need to get a bit more progress on the spells. Only two more of Shaq's, and I only got one post pertaining to the facing angle situation of Ball Toss, or whatever it is. Half-Court Shot should be easier, using Free Throw as a template.

I got a bit bored, so I devised a simple 3-lane AoS, not very large. After a while I decided I was bored of fighting creeps with little to no intelligence, so I picked a ladder hero who I thought had some good synergistic spells. I came out with Warden.

So I began setting up a small AI for the Warden, having it Blink-Shadow Strike-Fan Of Knives, and summon vengeance from time to time, making sure not to replace one that controls 6 spirits already. Problem was, I made her a bit too drastically... er... overpowered.

Oh my, knives, poison daggers, Blink marks all over the place (Half of which never ended in a successful Blink, as the Warden was turning her efforts back onto a newly revived Shaq. While she has less than 150 health.) and the beginning was hell, her Vengeance terrorizing my barracks.

Therefore, I decided to add a Cooldown Mode, resetting my cooldowns and hopefully beging able to keep her in my control with a combination of Free Throws, Slam Dunks, and the occassional Sidestep if she got too far. After which I decided I needed a new enemy, so I selected a new candadate -- the Blademaster. Who now spends most of his time Wind Walking and popping out with random Bladestorms. Even though I never programmed it, he always seems to know when I'm just about dead, then strikes.

After which I realized I could implement my own heroes, so I decided putting in Corropus Calix (Those of you who partook in emjlr3's Spell Contest II, or at least downloaded the map might recall Rewrite, Curse of Aging, and Timestopper Aura) who held up a good fight, especially after I recruited the Firelord as an ally. Soul Burn helps against the annoying Wind Walks and Blinks. And Hex too, I took the liberty of putting in the Shadow Hunter.

I figured I could make this kind of a challenge, so I implanted a nasty enemy, the Dreadlord. I knew what I was doing, his allies were melee and they needed a solid disable (Having to greatly nerf Sleep for about 12/26/40 seconds) and for their third summon (I counted Mirror Image to be one)

I now spend a lot of time on the battlefield asleep.

So I threw in Alchemist as an ally, and Crypt Lord as an enemy. And I used a new hero I recently devised, but this post is long and I'm missing my show already.

And now, the day I planned to continue the spells, my dad has hidden the Warcraft disks. I will have to transfer my progress onto a USB drive and perhaps give you it. The spells, and the AIs that still do not retreat in the face of danger. I had to name one of my retreating triggers "AI is not stupid".

My AIs aren't stupid. They're just misguided. And brainless. But one day they will rise.

And for now, I end this huge post/bump at a close. I hope to continue the spellmaking once the disks are found.

WarLuvr3393

Hmmm...too many things to play (WoW, COD4, WC3)
Reaction score
Jackie Chan

jackiechanhi0.png

I'll be basing the spell levels like DotA. (Four levels for the normal spells, 3 levels for the Ultimates)

Story:

Jackie Chan is the master at Kung-Fu being able to pin point the weak spot of any opponent and strike that down until he is unable to fight. He can throw a kick strong enough to break through anyones defenses and is able to throw a punch capable of utterly destroying his opponents insides and stunning him from all the pain. If Jackie, at all, ever feels troubled, he can switch into a defensive stance taking less damage. When Jackie is in danger, he takes everything he knows and unleashes it using all his strength against an enemy.

Flying Side Kick

Jackie instantly jumps forward and kicks through everything in his path. If he hits any person with his kick, they get a 200 range knockback.

Level 1: 75 damage
Level 2: 125 damage
Level 3: 180 damage
Level 4: 300 damage

Notes: Based on a Dash spell using the Shockwave model. Deals damage and moves Jackie along with the wave.

Defense Stance

Jackie switches to a defensive stance taking less damage and lowering his movement speed. He will be unable to cast any other spells.

Level 1: 20% less damage
Level 2: 35% less damage
Level 3: 40% less damage
Level 4: 55% less damage

Notes: Based on Defend. Have a dummy unit casting a silence on him that lasts a really long time, then use a trigger to remove that when he un-defends.

Stomach Punch

Using his fists, Jackie throws a powerful punch into the gut of his enemy, stunning him for a few seconds and dealing damage over time from the pain.

Level 1: 1 second stun, 100 damage over time.
Level 2: 1.5 second stun, 175 damage over time.
Level 3: 2.5 second stun, 250 damage over time.
Level 4: 3.5 second stun, 325 damage over time.

Notes: Based on a melee ranged storm bolt with NO damage. Then use a trigger to deal the damage.

Ultimate: Kung-Fu Flurry

Jackie takes everything he knows and unleashing it one by one onto a target enemy. After he uses them, he becomes very tired silencing him for a few seconds and slowing him down from the fatigue.

Level 1: Deals 400 damage, 7 second silence and 50% slow.
Level 2: Deals 600 damage, 5 second silence and 35% slow.
Level 3: Deals 950 damage, 3 second silence and 15% slow.

Notes: Use a dummy spell like channel, then have a dummy unit cast slow and silence onto Jackie.

Yes I know the spells could take a while but that'll make the game more exciting. :)

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
Bump. And the map with the current Shaq. Feel free to post comments, suggestions, or praise.

EDIT: Had to delete the map for Battleground Generals' unfinished conversion, I shall post Shaq again if someone revives this thread, but I'm not double-bumping.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.